Details of the Supreme Court hearing
As part of our work to wipe DBS clean of old and minor criminal records, I wanted to post the details of the Supreme Court hearing. (We’ll update this post with more specific details as and when we have them.)
The case is listed to be heard over 3 days, starting Tuesday 19th June.
The case numbers are as follows:
- P G W – Case No. UKSC 2017/0121
- Gallagher – Case No. UKSC 2016/0195
Members of the public can attend the Supreme Court. Find out more details about visiting the court.
We’ll be at the court for all three days, and we’ll be tweeting using the hashtag #DBSfiltering.
There is no date for when the judgment will be handed down. The latest developments will be posted here.
- Blog - Join the #FairChecks movement to help get a fresh start for the criminal records system Posted on: Jan 16th, 2020
In the 1960s, when Richard was 16, he was found in possession of a…
- Launch of #FairChecks - A fresh start for the criminal records system Posted on: Jan 14th, 2020
Together with the charity Transform Justice, Unlock has launched the…
- Winter 2019/20 Newsletter - What we've been up to Posted on: Jan 6th, 2020
Today we've published our winter 2019/20 newsletter. The newsletter…
- Some examples of people we've helped Posted on: Jan 6th, 2020
Looking back over the last couple of months, we’ve written up a few…
- Monthly update - December 2019 Posted on: Dec 19th, 2019
We've just published our update for December 2019. This…