Details of the Supreme Court hearing
As part of our work to wipe DBS clean of old and minor criminal records, I wanted to post the details of the Supreme Court hearing. (We’ll update this post with more specific details as and when we have them.)
The case is listed to be heard over 3 days, starting Tuesday 19th June.
The case numbers are as follows:
- P G W – Case No. UKSC 2017/0121
- Gallagher – Case No. UKSC 2016/0195
Members of the public can attend the Supreme Court. Find out more details about visiting the court.
We’ll be at the court for all three days, and we’ll be tweeting using the hashtag #DBSfiltering.
There is no date for when the judgment will be handed down. The latest developments will be posted here.
- Update on research - The right to a fair future: understanding the influence of an early life criminal record on adult life courses Posted on: Sep 6th, 2019
Nicola Collett, a PhD student at Keele University, is currently…
- Are you female and have a criminal record? We want to hear from you! Posted on: Aug 30th, 2019
A criminal record can be a real obstacle in getting on in life. What…
- Monthly update - August 2019 Posted on: Aug 27th, 2019
We've just published our update for August 2019. This…
- Insurance industry trade body issues updated guidance to insurers on how they should treat people with convictions Posted on: Aug 6th, 2019
Last week, the Association of British Insurers (ABI) published…
- Monthly update - July 2019 Posted on: Jul 29th, 2019
We've just published our update for July 2019. This months…