Volunteer Vacancy – Helpline Advisor
About the role
We are an independent and highly respected social inclusion charity based in Maidstone, Kent. In this office-based role you will help to deliver Unlock’s peer-led Helpline, by providing advice and support by telephone, email, and letter, and producing information for our online Information Hub.
We’re looking for somebody who…
- Is a person with past convictions
- Is a confident person with experience in a customer-facing role
- Has a passion for making a difference and challenging inequality
- Loves working in a small team but who is self-motivated enough to excel without heavy supervision
- Has excellent verbal, written and research skills and are able to communicate effectively with a wide range of people
- Is confident using computers (including use of internet and emails)
- Is able to commit to volunteering 2 days per week for at least 6 months
- Lives near to our Maidstone office – Travel costs can be covered where agreed in advance (up to a maximum of £15 per day).
- Closing date – 16th December 2014
- The Role Description provides more information about this position.
- If you wish to apply, please complete an Volunteer Application Form and return along with a covering letter.
- Send your application by email to email@example.com or post it to Unlock, MCSC, 39-48 Marsham Street, Maidstone, ME14 1HH.
For more information about vacancies at Unlock, click here.
- MP puts #FairChecks on Boris Johnson's radar Posted on: Jul 3rd, 2020
Boris Johnson was called out this week for “dithering” in sorting…
- Summer 2020 Newsletter - What we've been up to Posted on: Jul 3rd, 2020
Today we've published our summer 2020 newsletter. The newsletter…
- Some examples of people we've helped Posted on: Jul 3rd, 2020
Looking back over the last couple of months, we’ve written up a few…
- Monthly update - June 2020 Posted on: Jun 30th, 2020
We've just published our update for June…
- What’s your experience of ban the box? Posted on: Jun 20th, 2020
As part of our fair access to employment project, we are gathering…