Unlock is recruiting Trustees!
We are actively recruiting Trustees to join the Board at Unlock
Unlock is an independent award-winning charity that provides a voice and support for people with convictions who are facing stigma and obstacles because of their criminal record.
We are an innovative, creative and award winning social action charity, seeking people with the appropriate skills, knowledge and/or experience to help us grow and develop. You’ll need a passion for making a difference to disadvantaged people and an ability to consider and contribute towards strategic plans, decisions on finances, staffing, service design and new projects.
We are looking for people to join our Board of Trustees with the skills, passion, vision and influence to help Unlock meet its objectives and take the charity into the future, and would particularly value applications from people with skills who have knowledge, skills or experience in one or more of the following:
- We are actively seeking people who are committed to communicating the values and ethos of Unlock
- We are especially keen to appoint people who have themselves met with and overcome the disadvantages of having a criminal conviction.
- Enterprise/business Development/Strategic Planning
- Fundraising/Income Generation/Events
- Digital service development
- Human Resources/employment law
We warmly welcome applications from all suitably skilled people regardless of background and especially keen to appoint people who have themselves met with and overcome the disadvantages of having a criminal conviction.
The role requires regular attendance at Board meetings (4 times per year, held in London) and occasional committee meetings and related work. Under charity regulation, these roles must be unremunerated, though travel expenses are covered.
To apply for the position, please see the Letter from the Chair of Trustees and download the Trustee Application Pack. Once you have completed your application, please mark it ‘Confidential’ and returned by post to Mrs D Young, Unlock, MCSC, 39-48 Marsham Street, Maidstone; Kent ME14 1HH, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org , thank you.
The closing date for applications is midday on Friday 2nd March. Interviews will be held on Tuesday 10th April at Esmée Fairbairn Foundation, Kings Place, 90 York Way, London N1 9AG.
We are actively seeking to build a diverse Board and would strongly welcome applications from people with other skills who feel they could contribute something towards the future direction of the organisation.
- Unlock Annual Report 2018-19 Posted on: Nov 18th, 2019
We are delighted to publish our Annual Report and Accounts for the…
- Unlock volunteer shortlisted for helpline volunteer of the year award Posted on: Nov 7th, 2019
We’re delighted that one of Unlock’s long-standing helpline…
- Monthly update - October 2019 Posted on: Oct 28th, 2019
We've just published our update for October 2019. This…
- Blog - How can people with criminal records access higher education? Posted on: Oct 22nd, 2019
Evidence shows that some groups are disproportionately criminalised:…
- Ten UK universities lead the way by signing the ‘Fair Chance for Students with Convictions’ pledge Posted on: Oct 22nd, 2019
Trailblazing UK universities are leading the way in helping people…