Unlock, the national charity for people with convictions, has today welcomed Government proposals which, if introduced, would mean that some old and minor cautions and convictions will no longer be disclosed on standard and enhanced level criminal record checks, carried out for employers by the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS). In January 2013, the Court
Linked to our press release on the recent Court of Appeal decision around CRB checks, we’ve given radio interviews to Radio 5 Live and BBC Radio Wales. Both are these can be listened to below.
New Court of Appeal ruling could mean a change for 9.2 million Britons with criminal records Master of the Rolls, Lord Dyson, said today that the Government should “pull its finger out” to reform the system Ruling adds further pressure after recent ruling in separate case in the European Court of Human Rights Unlock, the
As part of of the ongoing Court of Appeal case about CRB checks, we’ve written an article for thejusticegap.com. You can read the article here.
Wipetheslateclean campaign launched by former PCC candidate forced to step down due to conviction New European Court ruling could mean a change for UK criminal record disclosure Unlock, a charity set up by people with convictions, is calling for changes to how the UK treats criminal record information. As the polls open for the new
- Published in Press releases and comment
We discuss on BBC Radio Essex about the problems that CRB checks cause people with convictions, and how the system should be improved. You can listen to the piece below.
We contributed to a BBC Radio Wales discussion about minor convictions on police records. You can listen to it below.
We contributed to a BBC Radio 5 Live discussion about where minor convictions relating to offences committed as a child should be wiped from the records?
- Insurance industry trade body issues updated guidance to insurers on how they should treat people with convictions Posted on: Aug 6th, 2019
Last week, the Association of British Insurers (ABI) published…
- Monthly update - July 2019 Posted on: Jul 29th, 2019
We've just published our update for July 2019. This months…
- Unlock comment: Ministry of Justice plans on criminal record reform Posted on: Jul 15th, 2019
Commenting on today’s announcement (15 July) by the Ministry of…
- New report highlights ‘double discrimination’ faced by black, Asian and minority ethnic people with a criminal record Posted on: Jul 15th, 2019
Unlock, the country's leading charity for people with convictions,…
- 'Double discrimination?' report published Posted on: Jul 15th, 2019
Today we've published research on the impact of criminal records as…