Details of the Supreme Court hearing
As part of our work to wipe DBS clean of old and minor criminal records, I wanted to post the details of the Supreme Court hearing. (We’ll update this post with more specific details as and when we have them.)
The case is listed to be heard over 3 days, starting Tuesday 19th June.
The case numbers are as follows:
- P G W – Case No. UKSC 2017/0121
- Gallagher – Case No. UKSC 2016/0195
Members of the public can attend the Supreme Court. Find out more details about visiting the court.
We’ll be at the court for all three days, and we’ll be tweeting using the hashtag #DBSfiltering.
There is no date for when the judgment will be handed down. The latest developments will be posted here.
- Insurance industry trade body issues updated guidance to insurers on how they should treat people with convictions Posted on: Aug 6th, 2019
Last week, the Association of British Insurers (ABI) published…
- Monthly update - July 2019 Posted on: Jul 29th, 2019
We've just published our update for July 2019. This months…
- Unlock comment: Ministry of Justice plans on criminal record reform Posted on: Jul 15th, 2019
Commenting on today’s announcement (15 July) by the Ministry of…
- New report highlights ‘double discrimination’ faced by black, Asian and minority ethnic people with a criminal record Posted on: Jul 15th, 2019
Unlock, the country's leading charity for people with convictions,…
- 'Double discrimination?' report published Posted on: Jul 15th, 2019
Today we've published research on the impact of criminal records as…