Unlock believes that the protection of children, young people and vulnerable adults from harm and abuse is everybody’s responsibility. We aim to create a safe and trusted environment for everyone who comes into contact with us.
Unlock does not exist to care for children, young people or vulnerable adults. But we know that some of the people we support may be in vulnerable circumstances.
Our safeguarding policy
Unlock’s safeguarding applies to all staff, volunteers, trustees and anyone else working on behalf of Unlock.
It commits us to:
- Promoting the general safety and wellbeing of all
- Taking steps to minimise the possibility of harm and abuse
- Acting promptly and appropriately where there are concerns, allegations or incidents of harm, exploitation and abuse.
If you have a concern
We always hope that you have found our services trusting and respectful. But if you have used Unlock’s services and have any concerns about your experience, we would like to hear from you.
Your email will be received by Unlock’s co-directors only and will be acted on in accordance with Unlock’s confidentiality policy. We may have to pass on information to appropriate authorities.
For a copy of the full safeguarding policy, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Report backs tax breaks to employers that recruit people with convictions Posted on: Jun 25th, 2019
Commenting on a report published today by Onward, Unlocking a Better…
- New dates announced for our criminal record disclosure training Posted on: Jun 20th, 2019
Places are limited so please book early to avoid…
- Monthly update - May 2019 Posted on: May 30th, 2019
We've just published our update for May 2019. This months…
- Bloomsbury Institute breaks new ground with ban the box for staff and students Posted on: May 13th, 2019
Bloomsbury Institute becomes the first higher education provider to…
- Appointing a trustee with a criminal record: reflections of a successful applicant and charity Posted on: May 13th, 2019
This blog is the lived experience of a charity working within the…