Monthly update – September 2018
We’ve just published our update for September 2018.
This months update includes:
- A new list of insurance brokers who are able to provide commercial insurance policies to people with a criminal record.
- An advice post highlighting the details of a case heard in the Supreme Court around the disclosure of police intelligence on enhanced DBS checks.
- A personal story setting out some tips on the do’s and don’ts of disclosing a conviction to an employer.
- A link to a discussion on theForum from Thorswrath who wants clarification on whether the ROA applies to sexual offences.
- Details of a pilot project we’ve launched to work with three universities supporting them to implement best practice procedures when receiving applications from individuals with a criminal record.
The full update provides a summary of:
- the latest updates to our self-help information site for people with convictions
- recent posts to our online magazine, theRecord
- discussions on our online forum
- other news and developments that might be of interest to individuals with a criminal record
Read the September 2018 update in full.
- All previous updates can be found in full in the ‘Latest updates‘ section of our Information Hub
- For more self-help information, please visit hub.unlock.org.uk
- If you have any questions about this information, please contact our helpline
- If you’ve been forwarded this email, you can sign up to receive these updates directly by clicking here and selecting to receive ‘News/updates for people with convictions’
- If you have found this information useful, please leave us your feedback and/or consider making a donation.
- Insurance industry trade body issues updated guidance to insurers on how they should treat people with convictions Posted on: Aug 6th, 2019
Last week, the Association of British Insurers (ABI) published…
- Monthly update - July 2019 Posted on: Jul 29th, 2019
We've just published our update for July 2019. This months…
- Unlock comment: Ministry of Justice plans on criminal record reform Posted on: Jul 15th, 2019
Commenting on today’s announcement (15 July) by the Ministry of…
- New report highlights ‘double discrimination’ faced by black, Asian and minority ethnic people with a criminal record Posted on: Jul 15th, 2019
Unlock, the country's leading charity for people with convictions,…
- 'Double discrimination?' report published Posted on: Jul 15th, 2019
Today we've published research on the impact of criminal records as…