Monthly update – September 2018
We’ve just published our update for September 2018.
This months update includes:
- A new list of insurance brokers who are able to provide commercial insurance policies to people with a criminal record.
- An advice post highlighting the details of a case heard in the Supreme Court around the disclosure of police intelligence on enhanced DBS checks.
- A personal story setting out some tips on the do’s and don’ts of disclosing a conviction to an employer.
- A link to a discussion on theForum from Thorswrath who wants clarification on whether the ROA applies to sexual offences.
- Details of a pilot project we’ve launched to work with three universities supporting them to implement best practice procedures when receiving applications from individuals with a criminal record.
The full update provides a summary of:
- the latest updates to our self-help information site for people with convictions
- recent posts to our online magazine, theRecord
- discussions on our online forum
- other news and developments that might be of interest to individuals with a criminal record
Read the September 2018 update in full.
- All previous updates can be found in full in the ‘Latest updates‘ section of our Information Hub
- For more self-help information, please visit hub.unlock.org.uk
- If you have any questions about this information, please contact our helpline
- If you’ve been forwarded this email, you can sign up to receive these updates directly by clicking here and selecting to receive ‘News/updates for people with convictions’
- If you have found this information useful, please leave us your feedback and/or consider making a donation.
- Government responds to Supreme Court ruling with plans to change criminal records disclosure regime Posted on: Jul 9th, 2020
Responding to government plans to change the criminal records…
- MP puts #FairChecks on Boris Johnson's radar Posted on: Jul 3rd, 2020
Boris Johnson was called out this week for “dithering” in sorting…
- Summer 2020 Newsletter - What we've been up to Posted on: Jul 3rd, 2020
Today we've published our summer 2020 newsletter. The newsletter…
- Some examples of people we've helped Posted on: Jul 3rd, 2020
Looking back over the last couple of months, we’ve written up a few…
- Monthly update - June 2020 Posted on: Jun 30th, 2020
We've just published our update for June…