Monthly update – November 2019
We’ve just published our update for November 2019.
This months update includes:
- Examples of templates which can be used to challenge an ineligible check being carried out by the Disclosure and Barring Service.
- A link to a survey asking users of our Information Hub for their thoughts and opinions about the site.
- A personal story highlighting the challenges of being in a relationship with someone who has been convicted of a sexual offence.
- A link to a discussion on theForum from an individual who is finding it difficult getting into work due to his criminal record and gaps in his CV.
- Details of Unlock’s Annual Report 2018-19 which provides an overview of what we’ve been doing during the year.
The full update provides a summary of:
- the latest updates to our self-help information site for people with convictions
- recent posts to our online magazine, theRecord
- discussions on our online forum
- other news and developments that might be of interest to individuals with a criminal record.
Read the November 2019 update in full.
- All previous updates can be found in full in the ‘Latest updates’ section of our Information Hub
- For more self-help information, please visit hub.unlock.org.uk
- If you have any questions about this information, please contact our helpline
- If you’ve been forwarded this email, you can sign up to receive these updates directly by clicking here and selecting to receive ‘News/updates for people with convictions’
- If you have found this information use, please leave us your feedback and/or consider making a donation.
- Looking to the future: incentivising employment of people with convictions Posted on: Jun 1st, 2020
It’s fair to say 2020 has been a year of major change – and…
- Big news! Two new job vacancies at Unlock Posted on: Jun 1st, 2020
We're excited to announce two new job vacancies. We're looking for…
- May 2020 update on research understanding the influence of an early life criminal record on adult life courses Posted on: May 30th, 2020
Nicola Collett, a PhD student at Keele University, is currently…
- Monthly update - May 2020 Posted on: May 28th, 2020
We've just published our update for May…
- What's the impact of Covid-19 on people with criminal records? Posted on: May 1st, 2020
Covid-19 and the social distancing measures introduced to help…