We’ve just published our update for May 2017.
This months update includes:
- Some new information setting out details of the non-police organisations that have access to the Police National Computer
- An advice post which highlights the impact that an unspent conviction will have on any compensation claim made under the Criminal Injuries Compensation Scheme
- A personal view on the Ofsted waiver application process if you have been disqualified by association
- A link to a discussion on the eligibility of an enhanced DBS check if you are working in an office
- Details of the Court of Appeal ruling on the DBS filtering regime.
The full update provides a summary of:
- the latest updates to our self-help information site for people with convictions
- recent posts to our online magazine, theRecord
- discussions on our online forum
- other news and developments that might be of interest to individuals with a criminal record
Read the May 2017 update in full
- All previous updates can be found in full in the ‘Latest updates‘ section of our Information Hub
- For more self-help information, please visit hub.unlock.org.uk
- If you have any questions about this information, please contact our helpline
- If you’ve been forwarded this email, you can sign up to receive these updates directly by clicking here and selecting to receive ‘News/updates for people with convictions’
- If you have found this information useful, please leave us your feedback and/or consider making a donation.