Monthly update – June 2018
We’ve just published our update for June 2018.
This months update includes:
- An advice post setting out the pros and cons of applying for a Subject Access Request compared with a basic DBS check if you want to find out whats on your criminal record.
- A link to an updated page on organisations around the world who either work with or provide information and advice to people with a criminal record.
- A personal story on changing your name.
- A link to a discussion on theForum from Sid whose old friend is threatening to disclose details of his conviction to his family and friends.
- Details of a paper published by Unlock which sets out why recent changes being made by UCAS on their application forms are the way forward for anybody looking to apply to university with a criminal record.
The full update provides a summary of:
- the latest updates to our self-help information site for people with convictions
- recent posts to our online magazine, theRecord
- discussions on our online forum
- other news and developments that might be of interest to individuals with a criminal record
Read the June 2018 update in full.
- All previous updates can be found in full in the ‘Latest updates‘ section of our Information Hub
- For more self-help information, please visit hub.unlock.org.uk
- If you have any questions about this information, please contact our helpline
- If you’ve been forwarded this email, you can sign up to receive these updates directly by clicking here and selecting to receive ‘News/updates for people with convictions’
- If you have found this information useful, please leave us your feedback and/or consider making a donation.
- Unlock Annual Report 2018-19 Posted on: Nov 18th, 2019
We are delighted to publish our Annual Report and Accounts for the…
- Unlock volunteer shortlisted for helpline volunteer of the year award Posted on: Nov 7th, 2019
We’re delighted that one of Unlock’s long-standing helpline…
- Monthly update - October 2019 Posted on: Oct 28th, 2019
We've just published our update for October 2019. This…
- Blog - How can people with criminal records access higher education? Posted on: Oct 22nd, 2019
Evidence shows that some groups are disproportionately criminalised:…
- Ten UK universities lead the way by signing the ‘Fair Chance for Students with Convictions’ pledge Posted on: Oct 22nd, 2019
Trailblazing UK universities are leading the way in helping people…