We’ve just published our update for August 2019.
This months update includes:
- New information on extended sentences.
- An advice post on opening a basic bank account and the alternatives if you’re unable to, possibly due to having a fraud conviction which flags up on the CIFAS database.
- A personal story setting out the link between a gambling addiction and a criminal record.
- A link to a discussion on theForum on the impact of spent convictions appearing on Google.
- Details of updated guidance published by the Association of British Insurers on how insurers should treat people with convictions.
The full update provides a summary of:
- the latest updates to our self-help information site for people with convictions
- recent posts to our online magazine, theRecord
- discussions on our online forum
- other news and developments that might be of interest to individuals with a criminal record.
Read the August 2019 update in full.
- All previous updates can be found in full in the ‘Latest updates’ section of our Information Hub
- For more self-help information, please visit hub.unlock.org.uk
- If you have any questions about this information, please contact our helpline
- If you’ve been forwarded this email, you can sign up to receive these updates directly by clicking here and selecting to receive ‘News/updates for people with convictions’
- If you have found this information use, please leave us your feedback and/or consider making a donation.