Monthly update – January 2018
We’ve just published our update for January 2018.
This months update includes:
- Some new information on the introduction of basic criminal record checks by the Disclosure and Barring Service.
- A personal story from a gentleman who trained to become a barber whilst in prison who’s gone on to provide opportunities for other people with convictions.
- A link to a discussion on theForum from somebody who wants help in expanding his social circle.
- Details of what to do if you’re interested in joining our Board of Trustees.
The full update provides a summary of:
- the latest updates to our self-help information site for people with convictions
- recent posts to our online magazine, theRecord
- discussions on our online forum
- other news and developments that might be of interest to individuals with a criminal record
Read the January 2018 update in full
- All previous updates can be found in full in the ‘Latest updates‘ section of our Information Hub
- For more self-help information, please visit hub.unlock.org.uk
- If you have any questions about this information, please contact our helpline
- If you’ve been forwarded this email, you can sign up to receive these updates directly by clicking here and selecting to receive ‘News/updates for people with convictions’
- If you have found this information useful, please leave us your feedback and/or consider making a donation.
- We’ve updated our recruitment policy for applicants with a criminal record Posted on: Dec 4th, 2019
As a charity set up by people with criminal records, Unlock is…
- Unlock statement on the London Bridge attack Posted on: Dec 2nd, 2019
Below is a statement from Christopher Stacey, co-director of Unlock,…
- Monthly update - November 2019 Posted on: Nov 28th, 2019
We've just published our update for November 2019. This…
- Unlock Annual Report 2018-19 Posted on: Nov 18th, 2019
We are delighted to publish our Annual Report and Accounts for the…
- Unlock volunteer shortlisted for helpline volunteer of the year award Posted on: Nov 7th, 2019
We’re delighted that one of Unlock’s long-standing helpline…