We’ve just published our update for January 2017.
This months update includes:
- Some new information on working in the criminal justice sector and prison vetting
- A personal view on working with job centre advisors who don’t always understand the problems ex-offenders face when seeking employment
- Unlock’s co-founder, Bob Turney’s story of how Unlock begun
- A link to a discussion about the eligibility for an enhanced DBS check for a gardener working in a school
- Christopher Stacey’s views on the automatic disqualification rule due to be introduced later this year preventing some people from being charity trustees and senior managers.
The full update provides a summary of:
- the latest updates to our self-help information site for people with convictions
- recent posts to our online magazine, theRecord
- discussions on our online forum
- other news and developments that might be of interest to individuals with a criminal record
Read the January 2017 update in full
- All previous updates can be found in full in the ‘Latest updates‘ section of our Information Hub
- For more self-help information, please visit hub.unlock.org.uk
- If you have any questions about this information, please contact our helpline
- If you’ve been forwarded this email, you can sign up to receive these updates directly by clicking here and selecting to receive ‘News/updates for people with convictions’
- If you have found this information useful, please leave us your feedback and/or consider making a donation.