We’ve just published our update for January 2016.
This months updates include:
- Updated information about convictions for sexual offences which reflect the changes to civil orders such as Sexual Offences Prevention Orders (SOPO’s)
- A personal experience of being refused a work placement as part of a college course and the impact made by launching an online petition
- Three short stories based on the experiences people with convictions have had when seeking work
- A link to the result of the legal challenge to the Governments disproportionate criminal records disclosure scheme.
The full update provides a summary of:
- the latest updates to our self-help information site for people with convictions
- recent posts to our online magazine, theRecord
- other news and developments that might be of interest to individuals with a criminal record
Read the January 2016 update in full here
- All previous updates can be found in full in the ‘Latest updates‘ section of our Information Hub
- For more self-help information, please visit hub.unlock.org.uk
- If you have any questions about this information, please contact our helpline
- If you’ve been forwarded this email, you can sign up to receive these updates directly by clicking here and selecting to receive ‘News/updates for people with convictions’
- If you have found this information useful, please leave us your feedback and/or consider making a donation.