Monthly update – December 2017
We’ve just published our update for December 2017.
This months update includes:
- An advice post which sets out the new discretionary powers given to the police by the Home Office for dealing with ‘sexting’ offences.
- A personal story in which an individual with a criminal record tells how he received a shotgun licence after successfully appealing a blanket ban which prohibits anybody who has served a prison sentence from holding a licence for a certain period of time.
- A link to a discussion on theForum from somebody who has been dismissed by their employer after applying for a new role in the company which required them to have a formal criminal record check.
- Details of a briefing published by the Centre for Criminal and Justice Studies (CCJS).
The full update provides a summary of:
- the latest updates to our self-help information site for people with convictions
- recent posts to our online magazine, theRecord
- discussions on our online forum
- other news and developments that might be of interest to individuals with a criminal record
Read the December 2017 update in full
- All previous updates can be found in full in the ‘Latest updates‘ section of our Information Hub
- For more self-help information, please visit hub.unlock.org.uk
- If you have any questions about this information, please contact our helpline
- If you’ve been forwarded this email, you can sign up to receive these updates directly by clicking here and selecting to receive ‘News/updates for people with convictions’
- If you have found this information useful, please leave us your feedback and/or consider making a donation.
- Update on research - The right to a fair future: understanding the influence of an early life criminal record on adult life courses Posted on: Sep 6th, 2019
Nicola Collett, a PhD student at Keele University, is currently…
- Are you female and have a criminal record? We want to hear from you! Posted on: Aug 30th, 2019
A criminal record can be a real obstacle in getting on in life. What…
- Monthly update - August 2019 Posted on: Aug 27th, 2019
We've just published our update for August 2019. This…
- Insurance industry trade body issues updated guidance to insurers on how they should treat people with convictions Posted on: Aug 6th, 2019
Last week, the Association of British Insurers (ABI) published…
- Monthly update - July 2019 Posted on: Jul 29th, 2019
We've just published our update for July 2019. This months…