We’ve just published our update for December 2015.
This months updates include:
- Information about restraining orders including when they become spent, when they should be disclosed and the ongoing implications of living with one
- Details of how to apply for a gambling licence (known as a Personal Functional Licence) and how a criminal conviction may impact on the successful granting of one
- A personal experience of seeking work in a university and the consequences if an employer carries out the wrong level of criminal record check
- A link to details of the legal challenge to the Government’s disproportionate disclosure scheme which Unlock is supporting.
The full update provides a summary of:
- the latest updates to our self-help information site for people with convictions
- recent posts to our online magazine, theRecord
- other news and developments that might be of interest to individuals with a criminal record
Read the December 2015 update in full here
- All previous updates can be found in full in the ‘Latest updates‘ section of our Information Hub
- For more self-help information, please visit hub.unlock.org.uk
- If you have any questions about this information, please contact our helpline
- If you’ve been forwarded this email, you can sign up to receive these updates directly by clicking here and selecting to receive ‘News/updates for people with convictions’
- If you have found this information useful, please leave us your feedback and/or consider making a donation.