We’ve just published our update for August 2018.
This months update includes:
- An update post setting out changes to the ‘disqualification by association’ element of the Childcare Disqualification Requirements which came into effect on 31st August 2018.
- A link to updated information on applying to university.
- A personal story explaining why the government needs to change the current filtering system.
- A link to a discussion on theForum from Neo Matrix who is keen to hear what changes people feel the government could make to help those with convictions get into work.
- A blog by Christopher Stacey reflecting how the Charity Commission’s changes to the ‘automatic disqualification’ rules will impact on how charities involve people with criminal records at a senior level.
The full update provides a summary of:
- the latest updates to our self-help information site for people with convictions
- recent posts to our online magazine, theRecord
- discussions on our online forum
- other news and developments that might be of interest to individuals with a criminal record
Read the August 2018 update in full.
- All previous updates can be found in full in the ‘Latest updates‘ section of our Information Hub
- For more self-help information, please visit hub.unlock.org.uk
- If you have any questions about this information, please contact our helpline
- If you’ve been forwarded this email, you can sign up to receive these updates directly by clicking here and selecting to receive ‘News/updates for people with convictions’
- If you have found this information useful, please leave us your feedback and/or consider making a donation.