Monthly update – April 2019
We’ve just published our update for April 2019.
This months update includes:
- An advice post setting out the information an employer sees when they use the DBS Update Service to check a criminal record.
- An update to our GDPR and data protection – Guidance for individuals page to include a section on taking action against employers when your information rights have been breached.
- A personal story highlighting an individuals experience of volunteering as a helpline advisor for Unlock.
- A link to a discussion on theForum raising concerns about employers who have blanket bans on the recruitment of people with a criminal record.
- An update on the work we’ve been doing in supporting universities to develop fair admissions policies for applicants with previous criminal records.
The full update provides a summary of:
- the latest updates to our self-help information site for people with convictions
- recent posts to our online magazine, theRecord
- discussions on our online forum
- other news and developments that might be of interest to individuals with a criminal record.
Read the April 2019 update in full.
- All previous updates can be found in full in the ‘Latest updates’ section of our Information Hub
- For more self-help information, please visit hub.unlock.org.uk
- If you have any questions about this information, please contact our helpline
- If you’ve been forwarded this email, you can sign up to receive these updates directly by clicking here and selecting to receive ‘News/updates for people with convictions’
- If you have found this information use, please leave us your feedback and/or consider making a donation.
- Monthly update - February 2020 Posted on: Feb 28th, 2020
We've just published our update for February…
- New trustees appointed to Unlock Posted on: Feb 27th, 2020
We're pleased to announce the appointment of four new trustees who…
- Unlock raises concerns as Charity Commission grants just six criminal conviction waivers Posted on: Feb 20th, 2020
The Charity Commission has refused more than half of the applications…
- Unlock speaks to Radio 4’s Woman's Hour about the launch of it's #Fairchecks campaign Posted on: Feb 11th, 2020
Together with the charity Transform Justice, Unlock has launched the…
- Help us plan our future work Posted on: Jan 31st, 2020
As a small charity rooted in the experiences of people with a…