Monthly update – May 2019
We’ve just published our update for May 2019.
This months update includes:
- An advice post detailing how you can request that an organisation delete your personal data once it’s no longer necessary for them to retain it.
- A personal story highlighting an individuals experience of working as a teacher following a caution for affray.
- A link to a discussion on theForum from a gentleman who has been suspended from work due to the non-disclosure of a conviction he was not asked to disclose.
- A blog written by a charity working within the criminal justice system who’ve successfully applied for a waiver from the Charity Commission for a trustee applicant “disqualified” due to their criminal record.
The full update provides a summary of:
- the latest updates to our self-help information site for people with convictions
- recent posts to our online magazine, theRecord
- discussions on our online forum
- other news and developments that might be of interest to individuals with a criminal record.
Read the May 2019 update in full.
- All previous updates can be found in full in the ‘Latest updates’ section of our Information Hub
- For more self-help information, please visit hub.unlock.org.uk
- If you have any questions about this information, please contact our helpline
- If you’ve been forwarded this email, you can sign up to receive these updates directly by clicking here and selecting to receive ‘News/updates for people with convictions’
- If you have found this information use, please leave us your feedback and/or consider making a donation.
- Update on research - The right to a fair future: understanding the influence of an early life criminal record on adult life courses Posted on: Sep 6th, 2019
Nicola Collett, a PhD student at Keele University, is currently…
- New policy briefing - EU nationals, settled status and criminal records Posted on: Sep 4th, 2019
This new briefing sets out the concerns that Unlock has about the EU…
- Are you female and have a criminal record? We want to hear from you! Posted on: Aug 30th, 2019
A criminal record can be a real obstacle in getting on in life. What…
- Monthly update - August 2019 Posted on: Aug 27th, 2019
We've just published our update for August 2019. This…
- Insurance industry trade body issues updated guidance to insurers on how they should treat people with convictions Posted on: Aug 6th, 2019
Last week, the Association of British Insurers (ABI) published…