We’ve just published our update for April 2017.
This months update includes:
- Some new information providing an overview of the Disclosure and Barring Service
- An advice post which sets out the criteria a delivery driver role would have to meet to make it eligible for an enhanced DBS check
- A personal view on becoming self-employed if you have a criminal record
- A link to a discussion on how people with convictions can be denied compensation if they have been the victim of a violent crime
- Examples of some of the people we’ve helped to overcome the problems they’ve faced as a result of their criminal record.
The full update provides a summary of:
- the latest updates to our self-help information site for people with convictions
- recent posts to our online magazine, theRecord
- discussions on our online forum
- other news and developments that might be of interest to individuals with a criminal record
Read the April 2017 update in full
- All previous updates can be found in full in the ‘Latest updates‘ section of our Information Hub
- For more self-help information, please visit hub.unlock.org.uk
- If you have any questions about this information, please contact our helpline
- If you’ve been forwarded this email, you can sign up to receive these updates directly by clicking here and selecting to receive ‘News/updates for people with convictions’
- If you have found this information useful, please leave us your feedback and/or consider making a donation.