A huge thank you to all our volunteers
At the beginning of June we took the opportunity to say a huge “thank you” to all our wonderful volunteers by holding an afternoon tea-party.
Our volunteers are worth their weight in gold. They share their time and talent without any reward, so it was important to us to acknowledge their contributions and let them know they’re valued.
Our volunteer programme started in 2009 and enables us to give people with convictions the opportunity to gain new skills and confidence which they can hopefully use as a stepping-stone into education or employment.
Last year (2016/17) we supported 12 people as volunteers (10 office and 2 non-office based) but we’re always looking for more people to get involved.
If you’re interested in volunteering for us, please take a look at our current vacancies.
- Update on research - The right to a fair future: understanding the influence of an early life criminal record on adult life courses Posted on: Sep 6th, 2019
Nicola Collett, a PhD student at Keele University, is currently…
- Are you female and have a criminal record? We want to hear from you! Posted on: Aug 30th, 2019
A criminal record can be a real obstacle in getting on in life. What…
- Monthly update - August 2019 Posted on: Aug 27th, 2019
We've just published our update for August 2019. This…
- Insurance industry trade body issues updated guidance to insurers on how they should treat people with convictions Posted on: Aug 6th, 2019
Last week, the Association of British Insurers (ABI) published…
- Monthly update - July 2019 Posted on: Jul 29th, 2019
We've just published our update for July 2019. This months…