We’ve recently spent some time analysing the feedback we’ve received from a snapshot of attendees to the training workshops and masterclasses that we’ve held over recent months.
Training was delivered to a wide range of practitioners, including practitioners from organisations such as Achieve Project (North West), Avanta, Job Centre Plus, Kent Probation, Prospects, Step Change (West Yorkshire) and St Giles Trust
The content of these sessions varied, but broadly looked at the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act, types of criminal record checks, and issues surrounding disclosure.
Out of a snapshot of 191 participants who attended 18 sessions that ran from early-to-mid 2014:
- 93% rated the content as excellent or good
- 97% rated the structure as excellent or good
- 100% rated the trainer as excellent or good
- 100% rated the quality of the material presented and information available to take away as excellent or good
In terms of raising awareness and increasing knowledge, on a scale of 0 to 10 where 0 is no awareness, attendees reported that:
- Their awareness of Unlock and the work that we do had increased from an average score of 4 before to 9 after.
- Their knowledge of the subject matter increased from an average of 5 before to 8 after.
Some of the anonymous comments that were made as part of the feedback:
- It was a great opportunity to focus on something that I deal with every day but never get time to learn properly.
- Enthusiastic and knowledgeable tutor. Information presented in a clear and concise manner.
- The trainer was very knowledgeable and encouraged audience participation.
- Lots of info about complex issues – very easy to digest – really helpful.
- I work with offenders/ex-offenders/prisoners. They are constantly asking about their convictions and now I know. Thank you!
- Information presented was interactive and very useful.
- Very little access to training (relevant training) for 3rd sector practitioners. This was perfect.
- Excellent trainer. Well structured presentation. Very informative and made a very complex subject understandable. Thank you 🙂
- Very welcoming and easy, comfortable, friendly and informal etc.
- Good engaging presentation with plenty of scope to widen discussion. Good course materials.
- Really informative and I now understand how to calculate rehabilitation periods accurately. I’d also never heard about filtering until today. Great trainer!
- I work with our Peer Advisor/volunteers and have to support them with their disclosure. I also run employability sessions with them which include a little about disclosure. This will hugely help me!
- I work in prison every day. New learning will help me and the clients I work with.
- The trainer was able to pass the general message of the session in a surprisingly pain-free way.
- Really useful to be able to ask questions.
- Because it’s hugely relevant to everyone we work with.
- All Offender Managers need this training.
- Should be mandatory to all practitioners.
Interested in our training?
We regularly run training sessions with bookable places available. The next one is on the 10th September 2014. We also run sessions ‘in-house’ for organisations. Find out more about our training for practitioners.