DBS Update Service and One Certificate
This is an update taken from our Information Hub
Today, we’ve published a brief guide which explains some of the changes that the DBS has introduced this week.
The Update Service is a new subscription service lets you keep your DBS certificate up-to-date so you can take it with you when you move jobs or roles. The employer can then carry out free, online, instant checks to see if any new information has come to light since the certificate’s issue – this is called a ‘status check’.
To coincide with launching the Update Service, the DBS will now only issue certificates to you; they’ll no longer send a copy to the Registered Body. This change is being referred to as ‘One Certificate’. Employers will now need to ask you for sight of your DBS Certificate.
The guide we’ve put together discusses some of the issues and questions that people with convictions are likely to be interested in, including some of the benefits and potential downsides to these changes.
Read the guide we’ve published here.
If you have any questions about this information, please contact us.
If you’d like to discuss this information with others, there is a specific thread on our online forum.
- Blog - Join the #FairChecks movement to help get a fresh start for the criminal records system Posted on: Jan 16th, 2020
In the 1960s, when Richard was 16, he was found in possession of a…
- Launch of #FairChecks - A fresh start for the criminal records system Posted on: Jan 14th, 2020
Together with the charity Transform Justice, Unlock has launched the…
- Winter 2019/20 Newsletter - What we've been up to Posted on: Jan 6th, 2020
Today we've published our winter 2019/20 newsletter. The newsletter…
- Some examples of people we've helped Posted on: Jan 6th, 2020
Looking back over the last couple of months, we’ve written up a few…
- Monthly update - December 2019 Posted on: Dec 19th, 2019
We've just published our update for December 2019. This…