An article published by Nat West suggests that one remedy to fill the UK’s skills gap could be to hire more ex-offenders and discusses what is the best way to go about it. Christopher Stacey, co-director of Unlock, contributes to the article, stating “We know from employers that have been proactive in recruiting people with convictions that they make good employees.
Christopher Stacey, Co-Director, Unlock comments on the issues discussed in a recent Ban the Box webinar. Quite rightly, the Ban the Box campaign is focused on a specific issue, that being the tick-box that appears on many job application forms, frightening the life out of somebody who has a criminal record. Many people with convictions see
- Published in Ban the box, Employer good practice, Employment, Latest, News for employers, Unlock in the media, Unlock's blog, Way ROA works
Today we delivered a webinar in partnership with Business in the Community, titled ‘Ban the Ban – the legal stuff’ where we briefly covered the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Read more about the webinar and download a copy of the slides.
‘How to employ with conviction’ – An Unlock Webcast for EFFRR (the Employers Forum for Reducing Reoffending)
Today we delivered a training session to the Employers Forum for Reducing Reoffending (EFFRR), covering a range of common questions that employers have when they are looking to recruit people with convictions. Download a factsheet that was produced after the session. Find out more information about our support for employers here.
- Blog - Government publishes summary of responses to call for evidence on the employment of people with convictions Posted on: Oct 17th, 2019
Last week, more than a year since the consultation closed, the…
- Autumn 2019 Newsletter - What we've been up to Posted on: Oct 4th, 2019
Today we've published our autumn 2019 newsletter. The newsletter…
- Just 3 places remaining for our criminal record disclosure training on 26th November - Book now! Posted on: Oct 2nd, 2019
Places are limited so please book early to avoid…
- Some examples of people we've helped Posted on: Sep 27th, 2019
Looking back over the last couple of months, we’ve written up a few…
- Monthly update - September 2019 Posted on: Sep 27th, 2019
We've just published our update for September 2019. This…