As part of of the ongoing Court of Appeal case about CRB checks, we’ve written an article for thejusticegap.com. You can read the article here.
Our Christopher Stacey features in the Metro, talking about our efforts to push through changes to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and our recent launch of the Disclosure Calculator. Read the article online here.
The Observer picked up on our launch of the Disclosure Calculator and featured this as an article, looking at how it will help people when applying for insurance. You can read the article below.
We discuss on BBC Radio Essex about the problems that CRB checks cause people with convictions, and how the system should be improved. You can listen to the piece below.
- Published in Employer bad practice, Employment, Unlock in the media, Way ROA works, What DBS disclose
We’re featured in a BBC article that has investigated the use of CRB checks by local councils. Read the article here.
We’ve contributed to a number of radio programmes today. There are three different discussions to listen to below. We’ve been on BBC Radio Kent talking about seeking employment with a criminal record We’ve been on BBC Radio Tees talking about reforming the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 We’ve been on BBC Radio Kent talking about
We’ve contributed to a discussion on BBC Tees about the attitudes of employers towards people with convictions
- Blog - Join the #FairChecks movement to help get a fresh start for the criminal records system Posted on: Jan 16th, 2020
In the 1960s, when Richard was 16, he was found in possession of a…
- Launch of #FairChecks - A fresh start for the criminal records system Posted on: Jan 14th, 2020
Together with the charity Transform Justice, Unlock has launched the…
- Winter 2019/20 Newsletter - What we've been up to Posted on: Jan 6th, 2020
Today we've published our winter 2019/20 newsletter. The newsletter…
- Some examples of people we've helped Posted on: Jan 6th, 2020
Looking back over the last couple of months, we’ve written up a few…
- Monthly update - December 2019 Posted on: Dec 19th, 2019
We've just published our update for December 2019. This…