This update is taken from our Information Hub As of the 1st October 2012, changes made through the Legal Aid, Sentencing and Punishment of Offenders Act 2012 (s.140 in particular) mean that immigration or nationality decision making, including initial decisions and any subsequent proceedings, are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. This means
Our Christopher Stacey features in the Metro, talking about our efforts to push through changes to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and our recent launch of the Disclosure Calculator. Read the article online here.
The Observer picked up on our launch of the Disclosure Calculator and featured this as an article, looking at how it will help people when applying for insurance. You can read the article below.
As part of the launch of our Disclosure Calculator, we sent out a newswire which was picked up by Media Trust. The article is available here.
This October we took to the House of Lords, armed with one Minister and two Lords, to launch the Unlock Criminal Record Disclosure Calculator. It’s a new online tool to help people determine when their conviction will be ‘spent’. The Rt Hon Lord McNally – Minister of State for the Ministry of Justice; Lord Navnit
We’ve contributed to a careers advice publication, where Christopher Stacey talks about his current role in managing Unlock’s Information & Advice Service. You can download the article here.
This month we’ve written a letter in Inside Time which explains the importance of access to bank accounts, and the progress made so far.
- Insurance industry trade body issues updated guidance to insurers on how they should treat people with convictions Posted on: Aug 6th, 2019
Last week, the Association of British Insurers (ABI) published…
- Monthly update - July 2019 Posted on: Jul 29th, 2019
We've just published our update for July 2019. This months…
- Unlock comment: Ministry of Justice plans on criminal record reform Posted on: Jul 15th, 2019
Commenting on today’s announcement (15 July) by the Ministry of…
- New report highlights ‘double discrimination’ faced by black, Asian and minority ethnic people with a criminal record Posted on: Jul 15th, 2019
Unlock, the country's leading charity for people with convictions,…
- 'Double discrimination?' report published Posted on: Jul 15th, 2019
Today we've published research on the impact of criminal records as…