It’s been just over 3 months since the changes to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 came into force in England & Wales. At that time, we published an updatewhich featured new materials that we’d produced, as well as our updated detailed guidance.
Since that point, we’ve learnt quite a bit about how these changes are working in practice, mainly through cases that have come through our helpline. So we thought it was about time we produced another update, highlighting a couple of important practical areas.
Read this update in full on our Information Hub.
Summary of the update
- The importance of getting a copy of your basic disclosure
- The way that ‘court orders’ such as restraining orders and SOPO’s can impact on when a conviction becomes spent
- The way that ‘compensation orders’ work with Disclosure Scotland and basic checks
- The confusion that surrounds motoring convictions
- New ‘Easy Read’ guide on the ROA published
- Updated ‘ROA FAQ’s’
- Send us your examples/evidence