Case study – David – “As an ex-offender, I thought I had a good grasp”
David is a project manager of a charity based in London. He booked himself on one of our one-day criminal record disclosure courses as he provides advice to people with criminal records.
Afterwards, he sent us this feedback:
“I had to write in and let you know how I appreciate the criminal record disclosure training I attended earlier this year and how it’s improved the information I can provide my clients regarding their criminal convictions.
As an ex-offender myself, I have always had to disclose my convictions due to my job role (working with vulnerable adults). I thought I had a good grasp on the ROA 1974 until I attended the training.
The amount of new information I learned on the day was extensive and extremely thorough. It was presented very clearly and you made some difficult parts easy to understand. I can honestly say that I normally struggle in this type of environment but found the day fly by.
I thoroughly recommend service providers who work with ex-offenders to attend this training day as we owe it to the people we work with to provide accurate and up to date information.”
Notes about this case study
This case study relates to Unlock’s criminal record disclosure training.
Names and details have been changed to protect the identity of those involved.
- Insurance industry trade body issues updated guidance to insurers on how they should treat people with convictions Posted on: Aug 6th, 2019
Last week, the Association of British Insurers (ABI) published…
- Monthly update - July 2019 Posted on: Jul 29th, 2019
We've just published our update for July 2019. This months…
- Unlock comment: Ministry of Justice plans on criminal record reform Posted on: Jul 15th, 2019
Commenting on today’s announcement (15 July) by the Ministry of…
- New report highlights ‘double discrimination’ faced by black, Asian and minority ethnic people with a criminal record Posted on: Jul 15th, 2019
Unlock, the country's leading charity for people with convictions,…
- 'Double discrimination?' report published Posted on: Jul 15th, 2019
Today we've published research on the impact of criminal records as…