Volunteer’s Week is almost here
It’s Volunteer’s Week from the 1st to 7th June and, like many organisations across the country, we’ll be holding celebrations to say thank you to our volunteers, recognising the important contribution they make.
During 2016/17 our 6 office-based volunteers provided over 3000 hours of help and support to individuals who contacted our helpline. They not only provided a wide range of information and advice but, on many occasions listened to people getting things off their chest and talking about what might have been a very distressing experience.
Our volunteers perform a range of tasks but essentially they:
- Bring a range of qualities, skills and expertise which we don’t always get from the staff in our team – for example specialist language skills and cultural understanding
- Help us to engage with some hard to reach individuals by using their own personal experiences
- Enrich our organisation by bringing diversity
- Can turn into a member of our staff!
In return, we provide plenty of opportunities for social inclusion (we’re a really welcoming bunch), skills development and potential routes into employment.
So, if you’ve been thinking about volunteering, what better time than now to take the plunge?
Find out more about the roles we have available by taking a look at our ‘Get Involved‘ page.
- Job vacancy at Unlock - Policy & practice lead Posted on: Apr 19th, 2018
About the role This is an exciting opportunity for an exceptional…
- Unlock comment: High Court judgment on 'Right to be Forgotten' and spent convictions case Posted on: Apr 13th, 2018
Commenting on the High Court ruling on the Right to be Forgotten and…
- Spring 2018 newsletter - What we've been up to Posted on: Apr 5th, 2018
Today we've published our spring 18 newsletter. The newsletter…
- Some examples of people we've helped Posted on: Apr 5th, 2018
Looking back over the last couple of months, we’ve written up a few…
- Monthly update - March 2018 Posted on: Mar 28th, 2018
We've just published our update for March…