Volunteer’s Week is almost here
It’s Volunteer’s Week from the 1st to 7th June and, like many organisations across the country, we’ll be holding celebrations to say thank you to our volunteers, recognising the important contribution they make.
During 2016/17 our 6 office-based volunteers provided over 3000 hours of help and support to individuals who contacted our helpline. They not only provided a wide range of information and advice but, on many occasions listened to people getting things off their chest and talking about what might have been a very distressing experience.
Our volunteers perform a range of tasks but essentially they:
- Bring a range of qualities, skills and expertise which we don’t always get from the staff in our team – for example specialist language skills and cultural understanding
- Help us to engage with some hard to reach individuals by using their own personal experiences
- Enrich our organisation by bringing diversity
- Can turn into a member of our staff!
In return, we provide plenty of opportunities for social inclusion (we’re a really welcoming bunch), skills development and potential routes into employment.
So, if you’ve been thinking about volunteering, what better time than now to take the plunge?
Find out more about the roles we have available by taking a look at our ‘Get Involved‘ page.
Authors of posts
- Please help us unlock funding so that we can help more people Posted on: May 17th, 2017
In the last year, our Information Hub website was used over 1.3…
- Volunteer's Week is almost here Posted on: May 16th, 2017
It's Volunteer's Week from the 1st to 7th June and, like many…
- 'Criminal record disclosure' training - 21st June 2017 - last few places remaining- book now! Posted on: May 16th, 2017
Our popular 'criminal record disclosure' training workshops continue…
- Blog - My top 4 priorities for the next government Posted on: May 12th, 2017
People with criminal records - An untapped talent pool that has been…
- Families of prisoners pay high insurance premiums and face more refusals Posted on: May 9th, 2017
An article in the Independent reports that families of offenders face…