Volunteer’s Week is almost here
It’s Volunteer’s Week from the 1st to 7th June and, like many organisations across the country, we’ll be holding celebrations to say thank you to our volunteers, recognising the important contribution they make.
During 2016/17 our 6 office-based volunteers provided over 3000 hours of help and support to individuals who contacted our helpline. They not only provided a wide range of information and advice but, on many occasions listened to people getting things off their chest and talking about what might have been a very distressing experience.
Our volunteers perform a range of tasks but essentially they:
- Bring a range of qualities, skills and expertise which we don’t always get from the staff in our team – for example specialist language skills and cultural understanding
- Help us to engage with some hard to reach individuals by using their own personal experiences
- Enrich our organisation by bringing diversity
- Can turn into a member of our staff!
In return, we provide plenty of opportunities for social inclusion (we’re a really welcoming bunch), skills development and potential routes into employment.
So, if you’ve been thinking about volunteering, what better time than now to take the plunge?
Find out more about the roles we have available by taking a look at our ‘Get Involved‘ page.
- Unlock speaks at High Sheriff charity event Posted on: Oct 17th, 2017
Unlock’s Co-director, Julie Harmsworth, was delighted to speak at…
- Autumn 2017 Newsletter - What we've been up to Posted on: Oct 11th, 2017
Today we've published our autumn 2017 newsletter. The newsletter…
- Some examples of people we've helped Posted on: Oct 10th, 2017
Looking back over the last couple of months, we’ve written up a few…
- Monthly update - September 2017 Posted on: Oct 2nd, 2017
We've just published our update for September…
- Unlock speaks to Radio 4’s Money Box on how some insurers are breaking the law Posted on: Sep 18th, 2017
Unlock speaks to Paul Lewis of Radio 4 Money Box on how insurers…