‘Criminal record disclosure’ training – Book now for our workshop on 4th October
Our popular ‘criminal record disclosure’ training workshops continue. We are now taking bookings for the next ‘Advising with Conviction’ one-day course which will take place on 4th October 2017
As experts on criminal record disclosure, we provide high-quality training to front-line practitioners to ensure that they have accurate and up-to-date knowledge and skills when advising people with convictions.
Why is it important?
- Are you up to date with the laws around disclosing criminal records?
- The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act changed in 2014 for the first time in 40 years. The DBS now has a system for ‘filtering’ cautions and convictions
- Do you feel confident in advising your clients on whether they need to disclose, and if they do, how to do so?
- Giving accurate and good quality advice to people with convictions will help them to increase their chances of finding and keeping a job!
There’s more information about what the training covers and how to book, in the training section.
Can’t make this date?
We will be holding further training days – find out more about currently planned training dates.
Book early, as our sessions tend to sell-out fairly quickly!
Part of a team that needs this training?
If you have several colleagues who would benefit from this training, it may be more cost effective for us to come to you. We run ‘in-house’ training workshops precisely for this reason.
More information about our training
Our training is endorsed by the Probation Institute and the Institute of Employability Professionals.
We passionately believe that anybody who works with people who have convictions should understand the issues that we cover in this training. The costs we charge simply cover our costs as a small independent charity – we do not profit from this training; we do it because we want to make sure people with convictions get accurate, reliable advice!
You can find out more information about our training on our website.
Some of the feedback we get
- I work with offenders/ex-offenders/prisoners. They are constantly asking about their convictions and now I know, thank you.
- Very little access to training (relevant training) for 3rd sector practitioners. This was perfect.
- Excellent trainer. Well structured presentation. Very informative and made a very complex subject understandable, thank you.
- Really informative and I now understand how to calculate rehabilitation periods accurately. I’d also never heard about filtering until today. Great trainer!
- Because it’s hugely relevant to everyone we work with.
- All Offender Managers need this training.
- Should be mandatory to all practitioners.
Out of 191 participants who attended 18 sessions:
- 93% rated the content as excellent or good
- 97% rated the structure as excellent or good
- 100% rated the trainer as excellent or good
- 100% rated the quality of the material presented and information available to take away as excellent or good
If you have any questions about our training, email email@example.com or call 01622 230705 and ask to speak to Debbie Young.
- New research about the impact of criminal records on women trying to exit prostitution Posted on: Jul 13th, 2017
The charity nia has this week published I’m no criminal – a…
- Blog - EastEnders, DBS checks and decriminalised offences Posted on: Jul 7th, 2017
The latest blog by Christopher Stacey looks at whether the…
- Some examples of people we've helped Posted on: Jul 6th, 2017
Looking back over the last couple of months, we’ve written up a few…
- Summer 2017 Newsletter - What we've been up to Posted on: Jul 6th, 2017
Today we've published our summer 2017 newsletter. The newsletter…
- Help us to create some imagery for our work Posted on: Jul 4th, 2017
We’re looking for help in creating a number of original…