Using our websites
Through our websites, we share news about our work and developments that are relevant to criminal records.
- Our main site focuses on news about policy issues we’re working on, our work with employers, the training and support we provide to practitioners, and general developments at Unlock
- Our information site focuses on practical news and information that’s relevant to people with convictions
- Our online magazine focuses on the personal stories of people with a criminal record
- Our online forum provides peer-to-peer support for people with convictions.
Comments can be left on our main site, information site and online magazine using Disqus. Find out more. Comments can be left on the forum, but you have to be someone with a criminal record and need to register first.
Sending updates to those subscribed to our mailing list
Our mailing list is always growing, and provides a simple and effective way for us to share latest news, information updates and press releases that relate to people with convictions.
We also send out our press releases by email. You can sign up to specifically receive our press releases.
Through social media (Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn)
We use social media to engage with a range of audiences. It’s a quick and simple way for us to share and comment on news and developments.
You can interact with us on social media by:
- Tweeting to us
- Posting on our Facebook page
- Posting on a YouTube video of ours
- Posting on our LinkedIn page
Please note: We generally don’t provide advice via social media. This is for a range of reasons, including data protection and privacy issues. If you contact us for advice via social media, we will normally suggest individuals contact our helpline.
- Basic DBS checks are coming soon – find out more Posted on: Aug 16th, 2017
The Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) is introducing basic…
- Monthly update - July 2017 Posted on: Jul 26th, 2017
We've just published our update for July…
- New research about the impact of criminal records on women trying to exit prostitution Posted on: Jul 13th, 2017
The charity nia has this week published I’m no criminal – a…
- Blog - EastEnders, DBS checks and decriminalised offences Posted on: Jul 7th, 2017
The latest blog by Christopher Stacey looks at whether the…
- Some examples of people we've helped Posted on: Jul 6th, 2017
Looking back over the last couple of months, we’ve written up a few…