New tool to help work out if you need to disclose your criminal record
“Do I need to tell them about my criminal record?” That’s one of the most common questions that our helpline receives when people are applying for work or volunteering roles.
But it’s not a question that has a straightforward answer. The starting point is:
You only have to disclose if you’re asked”
But then it can get complicated. If you’re being asked, whether you need to tell them depends on (1) what type of role you’re applying for, and (2) your specific criminal record.
So to help with this, we’ve developed a simple tool. This brings together all of the things you need to answer the question “Do I need to tell them about my criminal record?” It also signposts to one of our other tools, our disclosure calculator, where this is needed.
Let us know what you think!
As this is a new tool, we’re keen to get feedback. Is it useful? Could it be improved? Email us your thoughts to email@example.com.
- Government responds to Supreme Court ruling with plans to change criminal records disclosure regime Posted on: Jul 9th, 2020
Responding to government plans to change the criminal records…
- MP puts #FairChecks on Boris Johnson's radar Posted on: Jul 3rd, 2020
Boris Johnson was called out this week for “dithering” in sorting…
- Summer 2020 Newsletter - What we've been up to Posted on: Jul 3rd, 2020
Today we've published our summer 2020 newsletter. The newsletter…
- Some examples of people we've helped Posted on: Jul 3rd, 2020
Looking back over the last couple of months, we’ve written up a few…
- Monthly update - June 2020 Posted on: Jun 30th, 2020
We've just published our update for June…