New dates announced for our popular Advising with Conviction workshops – book now!
‘Advising with Conviction’ is a full-day workshop designed to provide front-line practitioners and advisors with a well-rounded knowledge of how to support individuals with their criminal records and disclosing them to others.
Due to popular demand we have announced some new dates for our popular 1-day ‘Advising with Conviction‘ workshops for practitioners.
These workshops are set up so that individual practitioners can book places. Please book early as our sessions tend to sell-out fairly quickly.
The training dates, all in London, are below:
- 22 February 2017
- 19 April 2017
- 21 June 2017
- 4 October 2017
Quick link – Book your training place online here
To be more confident in providing accurate and effective advice and support to people with convictions on if, what, when and how to disclose
Who’s it for?
Supporting practitioners who are either advising or supporting people with convictions into employment, volunteering and education.
What does it cover?
It provides an overview of the following areas (these can be tailored when delivered in-house)
- About Unlock / Why is this important?
- Types of criminal record checks and what they disclose
- Understanding criminal records
- How clients can find out about their criminal record
- Establishing what’s ‘spent’ under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
- Establishing what’s ‘filtered’ from standard and enhanced DBS checks
- Legally, need to disclose?
- To disclose or not to disclose?
- When & how to disclose? [in brief]
- The role of self-disclosure statements [in brief]
For more information about what the training covers, and for details of how to book, click here.
If you have any questions about these workshops, email email@example.com or call 01622 230705 and ask to speak to Debbie Young.
- Monthly update - October 2017 Posted on: Nov 1st, 2017
We've just published our update for October…
- Forcing adults to admit to petty crime from their teen years is unfair and counter-productive Posted on: Oct 31st, 2017
- Press release - Criminal records regime is failing children and young people and anchoring them to their past for decades Posted on: Oct 27th, 2017
Unlock responds to Justice Committee report into disclosure of youth…
- Unlock speaks at High Sheriff charity event Posted on: Oct 17th, 2017
Unlock’s Co-director, Julie Harmsworth, was delighted to speak at…
- Autumn 2017 Newsletter - What we've been up to Posted on: Oct 11th, 2017
Today we've published our autumn 2017 newsletter. The newsletter…