New dates announced for our popular Advising with Conviction workshops – book now!
‘Advising with Conviction’ is a full-day workshop designed to provide front-line practitioners and advisors with a well-rounded knowledge of how to support individuals with their criminal records and disclosing them to others.
Due to popular demand we have announced some new dates for our popular 1-day ‘Advising with Conviction‘ workshops for practitioners.
These workshops are set up so that individual practitioners can book places. Please book early as our sessions tend to sell-out fairly quickly.
The training dates, all in London, are below:
- 22 February 2017
- 19 April 2017
- 21 June 2017
- 4 October 2017
Quick link – Book your training place online here
To be more confident in providing accurate and effective advice and support to people with convictions on if, what, when and how to disclose
Who’s it for?
Supporting practitioners who are either advising or supporting people with convictions into employment, volunteering and education.
What does it cover?
It provides an overview of the following areas (these can be tailored when delivered in-house)
- About Unlock / Why is this important?
- Types of criminal record checks and what they disclose
- Understanding criminal records
- How clients can find out about their criminal record
- Establishing what’s ‘spent’ under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
- Establishing what’s ‘filtered’ from standard and enhanced DBS checks
- Legally, need to disclose?
- To disclose or not to disclose?
- When & how to disclose? [in brief]
- The role of self-disclosure statements [in brief]
For more information about what the training covers, and for details of how to book, click here.
If you have any questions about these workshops, email email@example.com or call 01622 230705 and ask to speak to Debbie Young.
- Landmark case on disproportionate criminal records disclosure regime reaches Supreme Court Posted on: Jun 18th, 2018
The Supreme Court will tomorrow hear the Government’s appeal in a…
- Welcome aboard! Posted on: Jun 14th, 2018
- New paper published: University admissions and criminal records - Lessons learned and next steps Posted on: Jun 7th, 2018
Today Unlock has published a paper, University admissions and…
- Criminal record disclosure training - Hurry! Just 4 tickets remaining for our September workshop- Book now! Posted on: May 31st, 2018
Our popular 'criminal record disclosure' training workshops…
- Details of the Supreme Court hearing Posted on: May 30th, 2018
As part of our work to wipe DBS clean of old and minor criminal…