New dates announced for our popular Advising with Conviction workshops – book now!
‘Advising with Conviction’ is a full-day workshop designed to provide front-line practitioners and advisors with a well-rounded knowledge of how to support individuals with their criminal records and disclosing them to others.
Due to popular demand we have announced some new dates for our popular 1-day ‘Advising with Conviction‘ workshops for practitioners.
These workshops are set up so that individual practitioners can book places. Please book early as our sessions tend to sell-out fairly quickly.
The training dates, all in London, are below:
- 22 February 2017
- 19 April 2017
- 21 June 2017
- 4 October 2017
Quick link – Book your training place online here
To be more confident in providing accurate and effective advice and support to people with convictions on if, what, when and how to disclose
Who’s it for?
Supporting practitioners who are either advising or supporting people with convictions into employment, volunteering and education.
What does it cover?
It provides an overview of the following areas (these can be tailored when delivered in-house)
- About Unlock / Why is this important?
- Types of criminal record checks and what they disclose
- Understanding criminal records
- How clients can find out about their criminal record
- Establishing what’s ‘spent’ under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
- Establishing what’s ‘filtered’ from standard and enhanced DBS checks
- Legally, need to disclose?
- To disclose or not to disclose?
- When & how to disclose? [in brief]
- The role of self-disclosure statements [in brief]
For more information about what the training covers, and for details of how to book, click here.
If you have any questions about these workshops, email email@example.com or call 01622 230705 and ask to speak to Debbie Young.
- New guidance and tools published to help charities and individuals deal with changes to charity rules and criminal records Posted on: Feb 1st, 2018
Unlock, a leading independent charity for people with convictions,…
- Monthly update - January 2018 Posted on: Jan 30th, 2018
We've just published our update for January…
- Unlock is recruiting Trustees! Posted on: Jan 29th, 2018
We are actively recruiting Trustees to join the Board at…
- Unlock reports on another successful year Posted on: Jan 22nd, 2018
- Basic criminal record checks launched today by the DBS Posted on: Jan 17th, 2018
From today, the 17th January 2018, basic criminal record checks can…