Monthly update – November 2018
We’ve just published our update for November 2018.
This months update includes:
- New information on the Homelessness Reduction Act which came into force earlier this year.
- A link to the updated list of offences that will never be filtered published by the Disclosure and Barring Service
- A personal story about the ongoing challenges of disclosing convictions received over 20 years ago.
- A link to a discussion on theForum on the legality of Youtube videos which disclose the personal details of individuals convicted of sexual offences.
- Details of a survey we’re running on the barriers that BAME grops face in terms of their criminal record.
The full update provides a summary of:
- the latest updates to our self-help information site for people with convictions
- recent posts to our online magazine, theRecord
- discussions on our online forum
- other news and developments that might be of interest to individuals with a criminal record
Read the November 2018 update in full.
- All previous updates can be found in full in the ‘Latest updates‘ section of our Information Hub
- For more self-help information, please visit hub.unlock.org.uk
- If you have any questions about this information, please contact our helpline
- If you’ve been forwarded this email, you can sign up to receive these updates directly by clicking here and selecting to receive ‘News/updates for people with convictions’
- If you have found this information useful, please leave us your feedback and/or consider making a donation.
- University admissions: what's changed? Posted on: Apr 10th, 2019
Following UCAS’ decision to remove the question about criminal…
- Spring 2019 Newsletter - What we've been up to Posted on: Apr 4th, 2019
Today we've published our spring 2019 newsletter. The newsletter…
- Westminster Hall debate on the disclosure of youth criminal records Posted on: Apr 4th, 2019
The 28th March saw a Westminster Hall debate on the disclosure of…
- Some examples of people we've helped Posted on: Apr 2nd, 2019
Looking back over the last couple of months, we’ve written up a few…
- Monthly update - March 2019 Posted on: Mar 28th, 2019
We've just published our update for March 2019. This months update…