Monthly update – November 2018
We’ve just published our update for November 2018.
This months update includes:
- New information on the Homelessness Reduction Act which came into force earlier this year.
- A link to the updated list of offences that will never be filtered published by the Disclosure and Barring Service
- A personal story about the ongoing challenges of disclosing convictions received over 20 years ago.
- A link to a discussion on theForum on the legality of Youtube videos which disclose the personal details of individuals convicted of sexual offences.
- Details of a survey we’re running on the barriers that BAME grops face in terms of their criminal record.
The full update provides a summary of:
- the latest updates to our self-help information site for people with convictions
- recent posts to our online magazine, theRecord
- discussions on our online forum
- other news and developments that might be of interest to individuals with a criminal record
Read the November 2018 update in full.
- All previous updates can be found in full in the ‘Latest updates‘ section of our Information Hub
- For more self-help information, please visit hub.unlock.org.uk
- If you have any questions about this information, please contact our helpline
- If you’ve been forwarded this email, you can sign up to receive these updates directly by clicking here and selecting to receive ‘News/updates for people with convictions’
- If you have found this information useful, please leave us your feedback and/or consider making a donation.
- Press and media coverage of the Supreme Court judgment Posted on: Feb 4th, 2019
There has been a significant amount of press and media…
- Monthly update - January 2019 Posted on: Jan 31st, 2019
We've just published our update for January…
- Unlock response to Supreme Court judgment on criminal records disclosure regime Posted on: Jan 30th, 2019
Unlock, the leading charity for people with convictions, has today…
- A personal response to today's Supreme Court ruling Posted on: Jan 30th, 2019
Elli has been actively involved in our work to push for changes to…
- Supreme Court to issue judgment on landmark criminal records disclosure regime case on Wednesday 30th January Posted on: Jan 25th, 2019
On Wednesday 30th January at 9.45am, the Supreme Court will hand down…