Monthly update – June 2018
We’ve just published our update for June 2018.
This months update includes:
- An advice post setting out the pros and cons of applying for a Subject Access Request compared with a basic DBS check if you want to find out whats on your criminal record.
- A link to an updated page on organisations around the world who either work with or provide information and advice to people with a criminal record.
- A personal story on changing your name.
- A link to a discussion on theForum from Sid whose old friend is threatening to disclose details of his conviction to his family and friends.
- Details of a paper published by Unlock which sets out why recent changes being made by UCAS on their application forms are the way forward for anybody looking to apply to university with a criminal record.
The full update provides a summary of:
- the latest updates to our self-help information site for people with convictions
- recent posts to our online magazine, theRecord
- discussions on our online forum
- other news and developments that might be of interest to individuals with a criminal record
Read the June 2018 update in full.
- All previous updates can be found in full in the ‘Latest updates‘ section of our Information Hub
- For more self-help information, please visit hub.unlock.org.uk
- If you have any questions about this information, please contact our helpline
- If you’ve been forwarded this email, you can sign up to receive these updates directly by clicking here and selecting to receive ‘News/updates for people with convictions’
- If you have found this information useful, please leave us your feedback and/or consider making a donation.
- Call for evidence: DBS checks which reveal trans/gender history because of gender-specific offences committed in the past Posted on: Sep 14th, 2018
The current criminal record disclosure rules are unnecessarily harsh…
- New criminal records guide and resources for recruitment agencies Posted on: Sep 14th, 2018
Commenting on the launch today by the Recruitment & Employment…
- Unlock launches pilot project, supported by the UPP Foundation, to help universities take on students with criminal records Posted on: Sep 13th, 2018
Unlock, an independent charity for people with convictions, has…
- Unlock speaks on Three Counties Radio regarding magistrates with criminal records Posted on: Sep 6th, 2018
Unlock's Christopher Stacey speaks to BBC Three Counties radio…
- Our submission to the government's call for evidence on the employment of people with convictions Posted on: Aug 31st, 2018
Today we have submitted our written response to the government's call…