Monthly update – September 2019
We’ve just published our update for September 2019.
This months update includes:
- New information on Ban the Box employers.
- An infographic which sets out details of the people we supported in 2018/19.
- A personal story setting out Andi’s views that marginalising people with convictions does not reduce the rates of re-offending.
- A link to a discussion on theForum around indefinite restraining orders.
- Details of a new briefing policy setting out our concerns around the EU Settlement Scheme in relation to EU nationals that have a criminal record.
The full update provides a summary of:
- the latest updates to our self-help information site for people with convictions
- recent posts to our online magazine, theRecord
- discussions on our online forum
- other news and developments that might be of interest to individuals with a criminal record.
Read the September 2019 update in full.
- All previous updates can be found in full in the ‘Latest updates’ section of our Information Hub
- For more self-help information, please visit hub.unlock.org.uk
- If you have any questions about this information, please contact our helpline
- If you’ve been forwarded this email, you can sign up to receive these updates directly by clicking here and selecting to receive ‘News/updates for people with convictions’
- If you have found this information use, please leave us your feedback and/or consider making a donation.
- Blog - Join the #FairChecks movement to help get a fresh start for the criminal records system Posted on: Jan 16th, 2020
In the 1960s, when Richard was 16, he was found in possession of a…
- Launch of #FairChecks - A fresh start for the criminal records system Posted on: Jan 14th, 2020
Together with the charity Transform Justice, Unlock has launched the…
- Winter 2019/20 Newsletter - What we've been up to Posted on: Jan 6th, 2020
Today we've published our winter 2019/20 newsletter. The newsletter…
- Some examples of people we've helped Posted on: Jan 6th, 2020
Looking back over the last couple of months, we’ve written up a few…
- Monthly update - December 2019 Posted on: Dec 19th, 2019
We've just published our update for December 2019. This…