Monthly update – July 2018
We’ve just published our update for July 2018.
This months update includes:
- An advice post setting out the way in which conditional cautions are recorded on the Police National Computer and how this impacts on their being filtered from standard and enhanced DBS checks.
- A link to some general information on applying for a subject access request.
- A personal story on getting professional indemnity insurance to start a business.
- A link to a discussion on theForum from GaryTS who is looking for some advice on applying for an SIA licence.
- A blog by Christopher Stacey on his reflections on last months landmark criminal record disclosure hearing at the Supreme Court.
The full update provides a summary of:
- the latest updates to our self-help information site for people with convictions
- recent posts to our online magazine, theRecord
- discussions on our online forum
- other news and developments that might be of interest to individuals with a criminal record
Read the July 2018 update in full.
- All previous updates can be found in full in the ‘Latest updates‘ section of our Information Hub
- For more self-help information, please visit hub.unlock.org.uk
- If you have any questions about this information, please contact our helpline
- If you’ve been forwarded this email, you can sign up to receive these updates directly by clicking here and selecting to receive ‘News/updates for people with convictions’
- If you have found this information useful, please leave us your feedback and/or consider making a donation.
- Book now for our Criminal Record Disclosure training on 28th November - 7 places remaining Posted on: Oct 17th, 2018
Our popular 'criminal record disclosure' training workshops continue…
- Some examples of people we've helped Posted on: Oct 5th, 2018
Looking back over the last couple of months, we’ve written up a few…
- Autumn 2018 newsletter - What we've been up to Posted on: Oct 5th, 2018
Today we've published our autumn 2018 newsletter. The newsletter…
- New guidance published to support employers with GDPR, data protection and processing criminal records in recruitment Posted on: Oct 3rd, 2018
Today we have published new guidance to support employers to ensure…
- Monthly update - September 2018 Posted on: Sep 27th, 2018
We've just published our update for September…