Monthly update – January 2019
We’ve just published our update for January 2019.
This months update includes:
- An advice post on travelling to the EU post-Brexit.
- A personal story highlighting an individuals experience of applying for a nursing course at university.
- A link to a discussion on theForum on opening a business bank account with a criminal record.
- Our response to the Supreme Court judgement on criminal records disclosure regime.
- Our Winter 2018/19 Newsletter which provides an update of the news at Unlock in the last three months.
The full update provides a summary of:
- the latest updates to our self-help information site for people with convictions
- recent posts to our online magazine, theRecord
- discussions on our online forum
- other news and developments that might be of interest to individuals with a criminal record
Read the January 2019 update in full.
- All previous updates can be found in full in the ‘Latest updates‘ section of our Information Hub
- For more self-help information, please visit hub.unlock.org.uk
- If you have any questions about this information, please contact our helpline
- If you’ve been forwarded this email, you can sign up to receive these updates directly by clicking here and selecting to receive ‘News/updates for people with convictions’
- If you have found this information useful, please leave us your feedback and/or consider making a donation.
- Report backs tax breaks to employers that recruit people with convictions Posted on: Jun 25th, 2019
Commenting on a report published today by Onward, Unlocking a Better…
- New dates announced for our criminal record disclosure training Posted on: Jun 20th, 2019
Places are limited so please book early to avoid…
- Monthly update - May 2019 Posted on: May 30th, 2019
We've just published our update for May 2019. This months…
- Bloomsbury Institute breaks new ground with ban the box for staff and students Posted on: May 13th, 2019
Bloomsbury Institute becomes the first higher education provider to…
- Appointing a trustee with a criminal record: reflections of a successful applicant and charity Posted on: May 13th, 2019
This blog is the lived experience of a charity working within the…