Monthly update – February 2018
We’ve just published our update for February 2018.
This months update includes:
- Some new guidance for individuals on changes to the rules on being a trustee or senior manager of a charity with a criminal record.
- Additional information in our seven stages of a criminal record series.
- A personal story from a gentleman who successfully challenged an employers ineligible DBS check.
- A link to a discussion on theForum from a gentleman who has started to develop a list of countries that may refuse entry to people on the Sex Offenders Register.
- Details of Lord Ramsbotham’s Private Members Bill which has just had its second reading in the House of Lords.
The full update provides a summary of:
- the latest updates to our self-help information site for people with convictions
- recent posts to our online magazine, theRecord
- discussions on our online forum
- other news and developments that might be of interest to individuals with a criminal record
Read the February 2018 update in full
- All previous updates can be found in full in the ‘Latest updates‘ section of our Information Hub
- For more self-help information, please visit hub.unlock.org.uk
- If you have any questions about this information, please contact our helpline
- If you’ve been forwarded this email, you can sign up to receive these updates directly by clicking here and selecting to receive ‘News/updates for people with convictions’
- If you have found this information useful, please leave us your feedback and/or consider making a donation.
- Criminal record disclosure training - Just 8 tickets remaining for our May workshop - Book now! Posted on: Mar 20th, 2018
Our popular 'criminal record disclosure' training workshops…
- Unlock comment: Recruitment & Employment Confederation becomes Ban the Box employer Posted on: Mar 1st, 2018
Commenting on today’s news that the Recruitment & Employment…
- Blog - The answer to Oxfam’s safeguarding problems is not enhanced DBS checks Posted on: Feb 28th, 2018
The latest blog by Christopher Stacey (published on the Huffington…
- Monthly update - February 2018 Posted on: Feb 27th, 2018
We've just published our update for February…
- Government guidance on homelessness makes it clear that spent convictions should be ignored Posted on: Feb 26th, 2018
In the government's updated Homelessness code of practice, it has…