Monthly update – February 2018
We’ve just published our update for February 2018.
This months update includes:
- Some new guidance for individuals on changes to the rules on being a trustee or senior manager of a charity with a criminal record.
- Additional information in our seven stages of a criminal record series.
- A personal story from a gentleman who successfully challenged an employers ineligible DBS check.
- A link to a discussion on theForum from a gentleman who has started to develop a list of countries that may refuse entry to people on the Sex Offenders Register.
- Details of Lord Ramsbotham’s Private Members Bill which has just had its second reading in the House of Lords.
The full update provides a summary of:
- the latest updates to our self-help information site for people with convictions
- recent posts to our online magazine, theRecord
- discussions on our online forum
- other news and developments that might be of interest to individuals with a criminal record
Read the February 2018 update in full
- All previous updates can be found in full in the ‘Latest updates‘ section of our Information Hub
- For more self-help information, please visit hub.unlock.org.uk
- If you have any questions about this information, please contact our helpline
- If you’ve been forwarded this email, you can sign up to receive these updates directly by clicking here and selecting to receive ‘News/updates for people with convictions’
- If you have found this information useful, please leave us your feedback and/or consider making a donation.
- Call for evidence: DBS checks which reveal trans/gender history because of gender-specific offences committed in the past Posted on: Sep 14th, 2018
The current criminal record disclosure rules are unnecessarily harsh…
- New criminal records guide and resources for recruitment agencies Posted on: Sep 14th, 2018
Commenting on the launch today by the Recruitment & Employment…
- Unlock launches pilot project, supported by the UPP Foundation, to help universities take on students with criminal records Posted on: Sep 13th, 2018
Unlock, an independent charity for people with convictions, has…
- Unlock speaks on Three Counties Radio regarding magistrates with criminal records Posted on: Sep 6th, 2018
Unlock's Christopher Stacey speaks to BBC Three Counties radio…
- Our submission to the government's call for evidence on the employment of people with convictions Posted on: Aug 31st, 2018
Today we have submitted our written response to the government's call…