Monthly update – December 2018
We’ve just published our update for December 2018.
This months update includes:
- New information on wrongful dismissal claims which, in certain circumstances, can be used to claim damages against an employer.
- New information on travelling to India with a criminal record following the introduction of their e-Visa system.
- A call-out for individuals to get in touch if they believe that an employer has wrongly checked their criminal record.
- A link to a discussion on theForum regarding the impact of travelling to Europe with a criminal record post-Brexit.
- A month-by-month review of our work and criminal record developments.
The full update provides a summary of:
- the latest updates to our self-help information site for people with convictions
- recent posts to our online magazine, theRecord
- discussions on our online forum
- other news and developments that might be of interest to individuals with a criminal record
Read the December 2018 update in full.
- All previous updates can be found in full in the ‘Latest updates‘ section of our Information Hub
- For more self-help information, please visit hub.unlock.org.uk
- If you have any questions about this information, please contact our helpline
- If you’ve been forwarded this email, you can sign up to receive these updates directly by clicking here and selecting to receive ‘News/updates for people with convictions’
- If you have found this information useful, please leave us your feedback and/or consider making a donation.
- Bloomsbury Institute breaks new ground with ban the box for staff and students Posted on: May 13th, 2019
Bloomsbury Institute becomes the first higher education provider to…
- Appointing a trustee with a criminal record: reflections of a successful applicant and charity Posted on: May 13th, 2019
This blog is the lived experience of a charity working within the…
- Monthly update - April 2019 Posted on: Apr 29th, 2019
We've just published our update for April 2019. This…
- University admissions: what's changed? Posted on: Apr 10th, 2019
Following UCAS’ decision to remove the question about criminal…
- Spring 2019 Newsletter - What we've been up to Posted on: Apr 4th, 2019
Today we've published our spring 2019 newsletter. The newsletter…