Monthly update – December 2018
We’ve just published our update for December 2018.
This months update includes:
- New information on wrongful dismissal claims which, in certain circumstances, can be used to claim damages against an employer.
- New information on travelling to India with a criminal record following the introduction of their e-Visa system.
- A call-out for individuals to get in touch if they believe that an employer has wrongly checked their criminal record.
- A link to a discussion on theForum regarding the impact of travelling to Europe with a criminal record post-Brexit.
- A month-by-month review of our work and criminal record developments.
The full update provides a summary of:
- the latest updates to our self-help information site for people with convictions
- recent posts to our online magazine, theRecord
- discussions on our online forum
- other news and developments that might be of interest to individuals with a criminal record
Read the December 2018 update in full.
- All previous updates can be found in full in the ‘Latest updates‘ section of our Information Hub
- For more self-help information, please visit hub.unlock.org.uk
- If you have any questions about this information, please contact our helpline
- If you’ve been forwarded this email, you can sign up to receive these updates directly by clicking here and selecting to receive ‘News/updates for people with convictions’
- If you have found this information useful, please leave us your feedback and/or consider making a donation.
- Unlock’s co-founder, Bob Turney, becomes a patron Posted on: Jan 9th, 2019
- Book now for our criminal record disclosure training on 24th April 2019 Posted on: Jan 9th, 2019
Our popular 'criminal record disclosure' training workshops continue…
- Winter 2018/19 Newsletter - What we've been up to Posted on: Jan 4th, 2019
Today we've published our winter 2018/19 newsletter. The…
- Some examples of people we've helped Posted on: Jan 4th, 2019
Looking back over the last couple of months, we’ve written up a few…
- Blog - Council sacks a woman with a criminal record that is nearly two decades old because they say she is a substantial risk to their reputation - what are the implications? Posted on: Dec 21st, 2018
The latest blog by Christopher Stacey looks at the news this week…