Monthly update – December 2017
We’ve just published our update for December 2017.
This months update includes:
- An advice post which sets out the new discretionary powers given to the police by the Home Office for dealing with ‘sexting’ offences.
- A personal story in which an individual with a criminal record tells how he received a shotgun licence after successfully appealing a blanket ban which prohibits anybody who has served a prison sentence from holding a licence for a certain period of time.
- A link to a discussion on theForum from somebody who has been dismissed by their employer after applying for a new role in the company which required them to have a formal criminal record check.
- Details of a briefing published by the Centre for Criminal and Justice Studies (CCJS).
The full update provides a summary of:
- the latest updates to our self-help information site for people with convictions
- recent posts to our online magazine, theRecord
- discussions on our online forum
- other news and developments that might be of interest to individuals with a criminal record
Read the December 2017 update in full
- All previous updates can be found in full in the ‘Latest updates‘ section of our Information Hub
- For more self-help information, please visit hub.unlock.org.uk
- If you have any questions about this information, please contact our helpline
- If you’ve been forwarded this email, you can sign up to receive these updates directly by clicking here and selecting to receive ‘News/updates for people with convictions’
- If you have found this information useful, please leave us your feedback and/or consider making a donation.
- Book now for our Criminal Record Disclosure training on 28th November - 7 places remaining Posted on: Oct 17th, 2018
Our popular 'criminal record disclosure' training workshops continue…
- Some examples of people we've helped Posted on: Oct 5th, 2018
Looking back over the last couple of months, we’ve written up a few…
- Autumn 2018 newsletter - What we've been up to Posted on: Oct 5th, 2018
Today we've published our autumn 2018 newsletter. The newsletter…
- New guidance published to support employers with GDPR, data protection and processing criminal records in recruitment Posted on: Oct 3rd, 2018
Today we have published new guidance to support employers to ensure…
- Monthly update - September 2018 Posted on: Sep 27th, 2018
We've just published our update for September…