Monthly update – April 2018
We’ve just published our update for April 2018.
This months update includes:
- Some new information providing a step-by-step guide to applying for a basic DBS check.
- A link to our updated page on pub licensees (personal licence).
- A personal story on becoming a qualified football coach with a criminal record.
- A link to a discussion on theForum from RunningMan looking for some advice around disclosure following a job offer.
- Details of a job vacancy at Unlock for a policy and practice lead.
The full update provides a summary of:
- the latest updates to our self-help information site for people with convictions
- recent posts to our online magazine, theRecord
- discussions on our online forum
- other news and developments that might be of interest to individuals with a criminal record
Read the April 2018 update in full
- All previous updates can be found in full in the ‘Latest updates‘ section of our Information Hub
- For more self-help information, please visit hub.unlock.org.uk
- If you have any questions about this information, please contact our helpline
- If you’ve been forwarded this email, you can sign up to receive these updates directly by clicking here and selecting to receive ‘News/updates for people with convictions’
- If you have found this information useful, please leave us your feedback and/or consider making a donation.
- Disclosure workshops for individuals - one year on Posted on: May 15th, 2018
Back in 2016, we ran two disclosure workshops at HMP Wormwood Scrubs…
- Help us to wipe DBS checks clean of old and minor criminal records - We need your help to challenge the government in the Supreme Court Posted on: May 9th, 2018
We've launched a CrowdJustice appeal to help us raise money to pay…
- Youth criminal records report published Posted on: May 9th, 2018
Today we've launched new research on the impact of criminal records…
- New research finds thousands of people every year struggle because of youth criminal records from decades ago Posted on: May 9th, 2018
Unlock, the country's leading charity for people with convictions,…
- Support our CrowdJustice case to intervene in the Supreme Court next month Posted on: May 4th, 2018
We have recently undertaken an important legal effort to intervene in…