A huge thank you to all our volunteers
At the beginning of June we took the opportunity to say a huge “thank you” to all our wonderful volunteers by holding an afternoon tea-party.
Our volunteers are worth their weight in gold. They share their time and talent without any reward, so it was important to us to acknowledge their contributions and let them know they’re valued.
Our volunteer programme started in 2009 and enables us to give people with convictions the opportunity to gain new skills and confidence which they can hopefully use as a stepping-stone into education or employment.
Last year (2016/17) we supported 12 people as volunteers (10 office and 2 non-office based) but we’re always looking for more people to get involved.
If you’re interested in volunteering for us, please take a look at our current vacancies.
- Unlock speaks to Radio 4’s Money Box on how some insurers are breaking the law Posted on: Sep 18th, 2017
Unlock speaks to Paul Lewis of Radio 4 Money Box on how insurers…
- Press release: Insurance companies are breaking the law by taking into account old criminal records Posted on: Sep 12th, 2017
Unlock, the leading charity for people with convictions, has today…
- The Lammy Review Posted on: Sep 12th, 2017
Christopher Stacey speaks to Radio Kent on the report by David Lammy…
- Blog - Is ‘sealing’ criminal records the best way to help people turn their lives around? Posted on: Sep 12th, 2017
The latest blog by Christopher Stacey looks at David Lammy's…
- Criminal record disclosure training - new dates announced for 2018 Posted on: Sep 11th, 2017
Our popular 'criminal record disclosure' training workshops…