Help us to create some imagery for our work
We’re looking for help in creating a number of original eye-catching photos, graphics and other images to help us to promote our work around criminal records and disclosure.
Given the sensitivity of identifying specific individuals, we’re keen to involve some creative thinking in this process. So although we want to look at ways of involving people in the imagery (in a way that doesn’t identify them), we’re also open to the creation of graphics, such as sketches and other visuals, that help to communicate the issues we’re working on.
In terms of what we’re trying to achieve, we’re looking to visually demonstrate:
- How people are labelled because of their criminal record
- How people are put off from applying for jobs that ask about criminal records
- The number of people with criminal records (i.e. 1 in 3 men, over 10.5 million etc)
- The poor recruitment approaches taken by companies
- The importance of companies changing their recruitment practices, like the Ban the Box campaign
- The problem of the disclosure of old/minor criminal records for life
We’re looking for somebody to help us produce a range of stock photos that we’re able to use in our work.
If you’re interested, please get in touch with us by email, explaining a little more about yourself and how you think you can help. If you’re able to share some thoughts about how you might approach this, and if you have any initial ideas that you can mock-up, that’d be a great start.
Thank you for your support.
- New guidance and tools published to help charities and individuals deal with changes to charity rules and criminal records Posted on: Feb 1st, 2018
Unlock, a leading independent charity for people with convictions,…
- Monthly update - January 2018 Posted on: Jan 30th, 2018
We've just published our update for January…
- Unlock is recruiting Trustees! Posted on: Jan 29th, 2018
We are actively recruiting Trustees to join the Board at…
- Unlock reports on another successful year Posted on: Jan 22nd, 2018
- Basic criminal record checks launched today by the DBS Posted on: Jan 17th, 2018
From today, the 17th January 2018, basic criminal record checks can…