Help us to create some imagery for our work
We’re looking for help in creating a number of original eye-catching photos, graphics and other images to help us to promote our work around criminal records and disclosure.
Given the sensitivity of identifying specific individuals, we’re keen to involve some creative thinking in this process. So although we want to look at ways of involving people in the imagery (in a way that doesn’t identify them), we’re also open to the creation of graphics, such as sketches and other visuals, that help to communicate the issues we’re working on.
In terms of what we’re trying to achieve, we’re looking to visually demonstrate:
- How people are labelled because of their criminal record
- How people are put off from applying for jobs that ask about criminal records
- The number of people with criminal records (i.e. 1 in 3 men, over 10.5 million etc)
- The poor recruitment approaches taken by companies
- The importance of companies changing their recruitment practices, like the Ban the Box campaign
- The problem of the disclosure of old/minor criminal records for life
We’re looking for somebody to help us produce a range of stock photos that we’re able to use in our work.
If you’re interested, please get in touch with us by email, explaining a little more about yourself and how you think you can help. If you’re able to share some thoughts about how you might approach this, and if you have any initial ideas that you can mock-up, that’d be a great start.
Thank you for your support.
- Report backs tax breaks to employers that recruit people with convictions Posted on: Jun 25th, 2019
Commenting on a report published today by Onward, Unlocking a Better…
- New dates announced for our criminal record disclosure training Posted on: Jun 20th, 2019
Places are limited so please book early to avoid…
- Monthly update - May 2019 Posted on: May 30th, 2019
We've just published our update for May 2019. This months…
- Bloomsbury Institute breaks new ground with ban the box for staff and students Posted on: May 13th, 2019
Bloomsbury Institute becomes the first higher education provider to…
- Appointing a trustee with a criminal record: reflections of a successful applicant and charity Posted on: May 13th, 2019
This blog is the lived experience of a charity working within the…