Help us to create some imagery for our work
We’re looking for help in creating a number of original eye-catching photos, graphics and other images to help us to promote our work around criminal records and disclosure.
Given the sensitivity of identifying specific individuals, we’re keen to involve some creative thinking in this process. So although we want to look at ways of involving people in the imagery (in a way that doesn’t identify them), we’re also open to the creation of graphics, such as sketches and other visuals, that help to communicate the issues we’re working on.
In terms of what we’re trying to achieve, we’re looking to visually demonstrate:
- How people are labelled because of their criminal record
- How people are put off from applying for jobs that ask about criminal records
- The number of people with criminal records (i.e. 1 in 3 men, over 10.5 million etc)
- The poor recruitment approaches taken by companies
- The importance of companies changing their recruitment practices, like the Ban the Box campaign
- The problem of the disclosure of old/minor criminal records for life
We’re looking for somebody to help us produce a range of stock photos that we’re able to use in our work.
If you’re interested, please get in touch with us by email, explaining a little more about yourself and how you think you can help. If you’re able to share some thoughts about how you might approach this, and if you have any initial ideas that you can mock-up, that’d be a great start.
Thank you for your support.
- Update on research - The right to a fair future: understanding the influence of an early life criminal record on adult life courses Posted on: Sep 6th, 2019
Nicola Collett, a PhD student at Keele University, is currently…
- New policy briefing - EU nationals, settled status and criminal records Posted on: Sep 4th, 2019
This new briefing sets out the concerns that Unlock has about the EU…
- Are you female and have a criminal record? We want to hear from you! Posted on: Aug 30th, 2019
A criminal record can be a real obstacle in getting on in life. What…
- Monthly update - August 2019 Posted on: Aug 27th, 2019
We've just published our update for August 2019. This…
- Insurance industry trade body issues updated guidance to insurers on how they should treat people with convictions Posted on: Aug 6th, 2019
Last week, the Association of British Insurers (ABI) published…