“We arranged a session for our employment support officers – about 25% of our community clients have a criminal record, so this was really important to make sure that we can properly advise them on where they stand when looking for work”
Work Programme Provider
“Excellent training session – one of the most useful I’ve done in my 25 year career. Everyone who helps and gives advice to people with criminal records should do this – it should be mandatory”
JobCentre Plus Adviser
We deliver our training workshops and masterclasses in-house to organisations.
Why choose us?
1. It’s cost-effective
- We offer a competitive rate for up to 15 individuals which works out much cheaper per person than our bookable sessions.
- Running a workshop in-house means that you cut down the costs of travel and accommodation for your staff to come to us
2. It’s tailored to your needs
- We offer a range of training
- In advance of each in-house session we deliver, we speak to the organiser to understand your exact training requirements, so that we can develop a session that is tailored to your specific needs.
3. It’s flexible
- Unlike our bookable sessions which have fixed times and locations, running an in-house workshops means that you can choose when and where.
What you get from us
- We will discuss your training needs and provide details of content, prices and dates.
- If you wish to go ahead, the trainer will arrange to speak with you about a week before the training, to tailor the training to your needs
- Depending on the training, materials will be provided in advance, on the day or afterwards
- All attendees will be given a certificate of attendance
- After the training, we will collate feedback from attendees and share it with the organiser
Training can be booked for groups – prices are based on up to 10 individuals, for a one-off cost. Additional places can be added at a fixed cost per-person, up to 15 individuals. If you’re looking to train more than 15 individuals, please contact us so that we can discuss what will work best for you.
All income from training goes towards supporting our charitable work for people with convictions, including supporting our free helpline and other charitable support for people with convictions.
Who we’ve delivered in-house training to
We’ve held a range of ‘in-house sessions for organisations, including for…
- Achieve Project – North West
- Avanta – South East
- First Wessex
- HMP Askham Grange
- Job Centre Plus – London
- Kent Community Rehabilitation Company
- Kent County Council
- Kent, Surrey & Sussex CRC
- Leeds Beckett University
- Leys CDI (Community Development Initiative)
- Lincolnshire Action Trust
- Lincolnshire Youth Offending Service
- Milton Keynes College
- Nottingham County Council
- Nottingham University
- Pathways Project – Kent
- Phoenix Futures – London
- Prospects – London
- RADA & Conservatoire for Dance and Drama (CDD)
- Royal British Legion Industries
- Serco (Job Deal) – East of England
- Serco (Job Deal) – South East
- Staffordshire & West Midlands CRC
- Step Change – West Yorkshire
- St Giles Trust – London
- Suited for Success
- The Wallich
- Volunteer Centre Kensington & Chelsea
- Westminster City Council
Feedback – What others have said
All attendees are asked to leave anonymous feedback at the end of the session. Some of the comments we’re received are provided below:
“It was really useful to have the time and opportunity to look through these issues in detail. I needed this training 5 years ago when I first started this job. I hate to think how much I have got this wrong in the past, and what impact that might have had on the people I’ve been trying to help”
Employment support worker
“I always thought that using a disclosure letter was the best way to disclose. I’ve had my eyes open to the various ways, and that it needs to be a case-by-case decision. I feel better able to support people in making these decisions now”
“Now I have a good understanding as to the changes of the ROA as well as other things to think about when supporting my clients with their disclosure. Really good trainer with a relaxed approach but stayed on track the whole session”
“The disclosure training provided by Unlock is engaging and comprehensive. Some of the legal aspects are quite complex and I would recommend anyone who works in this field to think about completing the Unlock training to ensure they are fully up to date”
Carrie Peters, Director of REACH, an employment-support project for people with convictions
“I have to say I was bowled over by the masterclass, I figured it would be useful but I had no idea that it would be as informative and as useful as it was, there are some fabulous tools that we had no idea about and the changes to the ROA will have an impact on our customers without a doubt and it will give our frontline staff confidence to know what to do when people with criminal records don’t know themselves what is going on with their record. Massively helpful, and I will champion the course to anyone that will listen.”
Work Programme Prime Provider
“We needed guidance on the new DBS system and how we can develop and improve our process. The session was good because I had the ability to ask questions and explore incidents/experiences in my professional practice”
University Admissions programme manager
Interested? Contact us…
If you’re interested in finding out more about our in-house training, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01622 230705.
For details of costs, it would be helpful if you could let us know:
- What type of training you’re interested in
- An estimate of the number of people that would be involved
- The likely-location (in general terms)
- When you’d be looking to receive the training (either a specific date, or more generally when you’d like it)
Terms & Conditions
Please note that all bookings are subject to our training terms