Criminal record disclosure training – Hurry! Just 4 tickets remaining for our May workshop – Book now!
Our popular ‘criminal record disclosure’ training workshops continue.
We are now taking bookings for our ‘Advising with Conviction’ workshops which will take place on selected dates in 2018
As experts on criminal record disclosure, we provide high-quality training to front-line practitioners to ensure that they have accurate and up-to-date knowledge and skills when advising people with convictions.
Why is it important?
- Are you up to date with the laws around disclosing criminal records?
- The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act changed in 2014 for the first time in 40 years. The DBS now has a system for ‘filtering’ cautions and convictions
- Do you feel confident in advising your clients on whether they need to disclose, and if they do, how to do so?
- Giving accurate and good quality advice to people with convictions will help them to increase their chances of finding and keeping a job!
There’s more information about what the training covers and how to book, in the training section.
Can’t make this date?
Book early, as our sessions tend to sell-out fairly quickly!
Part of a team that needs this training?
If you have several colleagues who would benefit from this training, it may be more cost effective for us to come to you. We run ‘in-house’ training workshops precisely for this reason.
More information about our training
Our training is endorsed by the Probation Institute and the Institute of Employability Professionals.
We passionately believe that anybody who works with people who have convictions should understand the issues that we cover in this training. The costs we charge simply cover our costs as a small independent charity – we do not profit from this training; we do it because we want to make sure people with convictions get accurate, reliable advice!
You can find out more information about our training on our website.
Some of the feedback we get
- I work with offenders/ex-offenders/prisoners. They are constantly asking about their convictions and now I know, thank you.
- Very little access to training (relevant training) for 3rd sector practitioners. This was perfect.
- Excellent trainer. Well structured presentation. Very informative and made a very complex subject understandable, thank you.
- Really informative and I now understand how to calculate rehabilitation periods accurately. I’d also never heard about filtering until today. Great trainer!
- Because it’s hugely relevant to everyone we work with.
- All Offender Managers need this training.
- Should be mandatory to all practitioners.
Out of 191 participants who attended 18 sessions:
- 93% rated the content as excellent or good
- 97% rated the structure as excellent or good
- 100% rated the trainer as excellent or good
- 100% rated the quality of the material presented and information available to take away as excellent or good
If you have any questions about our training, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01622 230705 and ask to speak to Debbie Young.
- Unlock submission on proposals to amend disclosure rules in Scotland Posted on: Apr 22nd, 2018
Unlock has made a submission to the Scottish Government in response…
- Job vacancy at Unlock - Policy & practice lead Posted on: Apr 19th, 2018
About the role This is an exciting opportunity for an exceptional…
- Unlock comment: High Court judgment on 'Right to be Forgotten' and spent convictions case Posted on: Apr 13th, 2018
Commenting on the High Court ruling on the Right to be Forgotten and…
- Spring 2018 newsletter - What we've been up to Posted on: Apr 5th, 2018
Today we've published our spring 18 newsletter. The newsletter…
- Some examples of people we've helped Posted on: Apr 5th, 2018
Looking back over the last couple of months, we’ve written up a few…