We are proud to announce that we have been chosen as a winner at the Guardian Charity Awards 2011 Pictured (from left to right): Jane Asher (President, Arthritis Care, Parkinson’s UK and the National Autistic Society); Christopher Stacey, Julie Harmsworth and Chris Bath from Unlock; and Jonathan Pryce (Actor and Patron of Friendship Works). “Remarkable and
As part of the launch of our Disclosure Calculator, we sent out a newswire which was picked up by Media Trust. The article is available here.
This October we took to the House of Lords, armed with one Minister and two Lords, to launch the Unlock Criminal Record Disclosure Calculator. It’s a new online tool to help people determine when their conviction will be ‘spent’. The Rt Hon Lord McNally – Minister of State for the Ministry of Justice; Lord Navnit
What lies at the heart of an effective relationship between the voluntary and community sector and government?
Our Chris Bath has written a powerful article in a fascinating publication, Civil Dialogue. The article looks at the relationship between Government and the Voluntary Sector. You can download the publication here (see page 12 for the start of the Unlock piece).
We’ve contributed to a careers advice publication, where Christopher Stacey talks about his current role in managing Unlock’s Information & Advice Service. You can download the article here.
Today we’ve been hosted by NIACRO, which is a charity that helps people with convictions in Northern Ireland. They asked us to visit to speak to them about the work that we do, the issues that we face, and to speak to their service user group. While we were there, we also gave an interview
Eric Allison has written a piece in The Guardian about the difficulties that people with convictions face. It features a comment from Unlock, as well as a case study.
- Almost three-quarters of applications for waivers from charity trustees or senior managers who face possible disqualification, have not yet been dealt with by the Charity Commission Posted on: Jul 16th, 2018
New rules that disqualify people from being senior managers or…
- Summer 2018 newsletter - What we've been up to Posted on: Jul 6th, 2018
Today we've published our summer 18 newsletter. The newsletter…
- Blog - Standing up to the government in the Supreme Court – Some reflections on last month’s landmark criminal record disclosure hearing Posted on: Jul 4th, 2018
The latest blog by Christopher Stacey reflects on last month’s…
- Unlock comment: Government announces scrapping of 'disqualification by association' in schools Posted on: Jul 2nd, 2018
Commenting on today’s news of changes to the childcare…
- Some examples of people we've helped Posted on: Jun 28th, 2018
Looking back over the last couple of months, we’ve written up a few…