Following the recent Metro article, the same case has been highlighted by the Daily Mail.
We featured on the front-page of the Metro, which highlighted the case of Michelle Barber, who we’re working with the try and deal with an issue she has with her current insurer. The article is available online here. Following this article, it was also picked up by a number of other media, including The Star
We featured in the ‘People & Opinion’ section of Insurance Times. As an ex-offender, trouble getting cover led Chris Stacey to join a charity that persuades insurers to offer policies to people like him. He tells Saxon East about the untapped business firms are missing out on and the disclosure minefield that’s holding both sides
We feature in an article in the Observer, which looks at the issues around home insurance with criminal convictions, and the impact this could have if you have friends, family or tenants who have unspent convictions.
We were referenced in an article in the Insurance Journal. Our view is that the insurance industry is failing reformed offenders who are seeking entry to basic financial security. Writing in the Chartered Insurance Institute’s (CII) publication Thinkpiece, we argued that blanket policies, confusing laws and an overall lack of knowledge among both the consumers
We’ve worked with BIBA (British Insurance Brokers Association) to put together a joint press release on the issue of insurance.
Eric Allison has written a piece in The Guardian about the difficulties that people with convictions face. It features a comment from Unlock, as well as a case study.
- Update on research - The right to a fair future: understanding the influence of an early life criminal record on adult life courses Posted on: Sep 6th, 2019
Nicola Collett, a PhD student at Keele University, is currently…
- Are you female and have a criminal record? We want to hear from you! Posted on: Aug 30th, 2019
A criminal record can be a real obstacle in getting on in life. What…
- Monthly update - August 2019 Posted on: Aug 27th, 2019
We've just published our update for August 2019. This…
- Insurance industry trade body issues updated guidance to insurers on how they should treat people with convictions Posted on: Aug 6th, 2019
Last week, the Association of British Insurers (ABI) published…
- Monthly update - July 2019 Posted on: Jul 29th, 2019
We've just published our update for July 2019. This months…