Cathy works part-time supporting co-director Julie Harmsworth to ensure that Unlock has sufficient resources to continue its vital work. Mostly, this involves developing proposals and writing bids to some of the UKs most understanding and supportive grant-giving trusts.
Her work with Unlock follows on from her experience as Fundraising and Marketing Officer at Age UK Hythe and Lyminge where she ran a programme of events, organised print materials and press coverage, set up a Friends group and worked with Hythe Town Council to start a “Dementia Friendly Community” project as well as writing funding applications.
Before focusing on fundraising, Cathy had a long career commissioning, producing and programming theatre and performance. She worked in Manchester, London and Brighton before settling in Kent where she worked with venues, festivals and emerging artists and performance companies.
Direct dial: 01622 230754
Please note – If you are looking for personal advice, please contact our helpline
Please note – If you have a media enquiry, click here
- Unlock comment: Ministry of Justice plans on criminal record reform Posted on: Jul 15th, 2019
Commenting on today’s announcement (15 July) by the Ministry of…
- New report highlights ‘double discrimination’ faced by black, Asian and minority ethnic people with a criminal record Posted on: Jul 15th, 2019
Unlock, the country's leading charity for people with convictions,…
- 'Double discrimination?' report published Posted on: Jul 15th, 2019
Today we've published research on the impact of criminal records as…
- Some examples of people we've helped Posted on: Jul 8th, 2019
Looking back over the last couple of months, we’ve written up a few…
- Summer 2019 Newsletter - What we've been up to Posted on: Jul 5th, 2019
Today we've published our summer 2019 newsletter. The newsletter…