About our publications
- All our publications are available to download from this page, with the most recent at the top.
- All of the links go to documents that have been published by us, unless otherwise specified.
- For information and guidance on using our publications and materials, click here.
- The links will normally be to PDF documents. If you have problems opening them, download free PDF software from www.adobe.com/reader.
- If you have any problems accessing any of the documents on this page, please email email@example.com.
Where else might you find our publications?
- For people with criminal records
- We publish specific downloads/materials relating to our support for people with convictions (e.g. our helpline and information site) – these are linked to below, but are also available to download directly from our information site.
- We also regularly publish updates to our information site.
- For employers
- We publish resources and materials for employers on Recruit!, our website for employers.
- For others
- Below there are links to articles and papers that we have written, but that doesn’t include those that we are featured in – these can be found in our news & media section).
- Our consultation responses and submissions are listed in our policy section as well as below.
- Our annual reports are available to download from the bottom of this page.
Policy briefing – EU nationals, settled status and criminal records (September 2019)
Opening a bank account before release from prison – Briefing (December 2018)
theHelpline in numbers (June 2017)
Our priorities for government (May 2017)
Submission to the Lammy Review (June 2016)
Review of Youth Justice – Unlock submission (May 2016)
Support for ex-offenders inquiry – Unlock response (April 2016)
Support for practitioners – A4 leaflet (April 2016)
Supporting service providers – A4 leaflet (April 2016)
About Unlock (Leaflet, March 2016) – available from the ‘downloads’ section of our information site
Worried about your criminal record? (Poster/flyer, March 2016) – available from the ‘downloads’ section of our information site
Helpline contact card (Business card, March 2016) – available from the ‘downloads’ section of our information site
Criminal Convictions & Insurance – Briefing for Insurers (January 2016)
Strategic Plan 2016-2020 (December 2015)
Ex-offenders, charity trustees & managers – Written Submission to Public Bill Committee Scrutiny Unit (Unlock, Clinks & PRT, December 2015)
Review of Education in prisons – Unlock Response (November 2015)
Fair access to employment – Project overview (June 2015)
Enforced subject access requests – Guidance for people with convictions (March 2015) – available from the ‘downloads’ section of our information site
Disclosing to employers – Information series (December 2014) – available from the ‘downloads’ section of our information site
Written submission to the Financial Inclusion Commission (November 2014)
Number of people with unspent convictions (August 2014)
ROA ‘Easy Read’ guide (April 2014) – available from the ‘downloads’ section of our information site
ROA Poster (March 2014) – available from the ‘downloads’ section of our information site
ROA Brief guide (March 2014) – available from the ‘downloads’ section of our information site
ROA Leaflet (March 2014) – available from the ‘downloads’ section of our information site
Support for people with conviction (January 2014) – available from the ‘downloads’ section of our information site
Unlocking Criminal Records – A guide for people with criminal records (with DBS) (September 2013)
Letter to Secondary Legislation Scrutiny Committee (April 2013)
Changes to insurance disclosure (April 2013)
Filtering old and minor convictions – Effect of the case of T (February 2013)
Unlocking Credit Unions (with LJMU) (January 2013)
Time is Money: The Role of the Financial Services Industry in Reducing Re-Offending (in CII, with Kimmett Edgar) (April 2011)
Submission to the Breaking the Cycle Consultation (March 2011)
Barred from voting briefing (with PRT and others) (February 2011)
Submission to the Criminal Records Review – Phase 1 (December 2010)
Recommendations to the Vetting & Barring Scheme Review (November 2010)
Our Proposed Filtering Approach (October 2010)
Time is Money – Financial responsibility after prison (with the Prison Reform Trust) (October 2010)
UNLOCKing Banking – Project Summary Paper (October 2010)
Review of offender learning: Individual members response (August 2010)
Response to a Parole Leaflet for Prisoners (March 2010)
Briefing Paper on the Criminal Records Bureau (February 2010)
Making Bank Accounts Accessible to Offenders – Post Project Review Report (with NOMS, June 2007)
Accounts and Trustees’ Annual Reports
- Update on research - The right to a fair future: understanding the influence of an early life criminal record on adult life courses Posted on: Sep 6th, 2019
- New policy briefing - EU nationals, settled status and criminal records Posted on: Sep 4th, 2019
- Are you female and have a criminal record? We want to hear from you! Posted on: Aug 30th, 2019
- Office for Students publish effective practice guidance on students with convictions Posted on: Aug 22nd, 2019
- Insurance industry trade body issues updated guidance to insurers on how they should treat people with convictions Posted on: Aug 6th, 2019